Marion Clones

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Snooks at the DQ tells me the Marion PD just got their first-ever unmarked cars, the new Ford Interceptors. Watch your backs!

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

Oh I have seen them just not in that manner.

Did anyone else know the marion police have traditional stylee police hats to wear...never saw one wearing one until I got pulled over in a residential neighborhood at 11:30 at night (I admit I did run the stop sign) I didn't know they had them let alone needed them that late at night.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
pretty sure I have seen unmarked cars for awhile...
You might be right they've had unmarked before. I may not have heard that part correctly. But it sounds like they've got a whole brand new mess of them now.

I learned my lesson before I even moved to Marion. Drove there one night to check out my house as it was being built and got pulled over right by it. I guess I'm glad it happened early on! Never been pulled over since!

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
You might be right they've had unmarked before. I may not have heard that part correctly. But it sounds like they've got a whole brand new mess of them now.

I learned my lesson before I even moved to Marion. Drove there one night to check out my house as it was being built and got pulled over right by it. I guess I'm glad it happened early on! Never been pulled over since!

It wouldn't surprise me that they have more.

when I was in elementary school at Novak (the original Novak that is) my mom tried to pick me up one day on ninth street she was parked illegally along with at least 5 or ten other mom's picking up their children. A cop pulls up gives my mom a parking ticket with her car running, and in drive. My mom asks him if he was going to go give anyone else tickets so he walks over to one van tells her he is giving her a ticket she gets mad so he got back in his car and left...

bpmdu

Jun 28, 2006
Cool.. the most over zealous police force in the state got new cars. Nice of them to get brand new cop cars right after another wave of budget cuts for the local schools.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Let's see, how do we make money? Let's make our main drive through downtown only 20mph, that'll get em! The only place in the world that I have to drive my car in 2nd gear is Marion.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Cool.. the most over zealous police force in the state got new cars. Nice of them to get brand new cop cars right after another wave of budget cuts for the local schools.

I agree but I blame that more on the superintendent that makes over $1.5 million and almost every administrator makes over $150,000 regardless of experience and they cut teachers salary's by $20,000 in some cases while not taking any pay cuts themselves.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I agree but I blame that more on the superintendent that makes over $1.5 million and almost every administrator makes over $150,000 regardless of experience and they cut teachers salary's by $20,000 in some cases while not taking any pay cuts themselves.

:wideeyed: Which school district is this!? Most in the Cedar Rapids/Marion area make around 175-250,000

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron