2006 Impala

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Yeah, I'm not really one to talk - I drive a 2005 Pontiac. I had an O2 sensor go within the first 30,000 miles.

You have to be careful with life support systems. It can make space travel difficult.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I'll never buy a brand new car, seems so wasteful.

It really is. However, its nice to know that any damage that has been done to it, you did. Nothing hidden. I always say if I were to ever buy a new one, I would drive it till it turned to dust, to make sure I got my moneys worth.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
It really is. However, its nice to know that any damage that has been done to it, you did. Nothing hidden. I always say if I were to ever buy a new one, I would drive it till it turned to dust, to make sure I got my moneys worth.
I'm usually the last owner of my vehicles.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I'm usually the last owner of my vehicles.

I have tried, but adding kids has been a killer of that dream for me. I loved my 90' accord. I would have driven that till it vaporized. But alas, not enough room for life to fit in it. I actually had some tears giving it up...enough that if I find one exactly like it someday I may rebuy it.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'll never buy a brand new car, seems so wasteful.

Yeah, well, I've always had to learn things the hard way.

Needless to say we're looking to replace my wife's car, which died in January (I'm grateful for my parents that have let us borrow one until we got our tax refund back). It ain't going to be a new car.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I have tried, but adding kids has been a killer of that dream for me. I loved my 90' accord. I would have driven that till it vaporized. But alas, not enough room for life to fit in it. I actually had some tears giving it up...enough that if I find one exactly like it someday I may rebuy it.

Yeah, I won't be driving my Grand Prix into the ground - either the second or third kid will end up killing that dream.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
My security light is on and won't shut off. I can only assume this means someone is trying to break into my car while I'm driving it.

When this happened to me it was a bad battery at fault. If the light continues to stay on it may prevent you from starting the car.

cyclonewoes

Dec 12, 2008
Ankeny
My security light is on and won't shut off. I can only assume this means someone is trying to break into my car while I'm driving it.
There are several things that could cause this. Your car is equiped with the gm passlock system, basicaly prevents someone from hot wiring your car, The security light usually comes on when there is something wrong with that system, you could have a bad ignition cyclinder, or a bad door/trunk sensor . First thing I would do is unhook your battery for 10-15 minutes to do a hard reset of the system, 9 out of 10 times this takes care of it. Also the factory keyless module could be bad, causing it to trip the security system. I would try the battery before you go to a mechanic and drop some coin.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron