Family Guy last night

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I like how Trap-Jaw, Optimus Prime, Destro, and a Carebear made it to the land deal table.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
I find that show almost painful to watch now. Loved it on its first stint, now it just seems to regurgitate the same jokes over and over.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
The show has lost its luster a little bit after the South Park about how Family Guy comes up with their jokes by having manatee's pick balls with words on them to form jokes.

BCPanther

Jul 13, 2009
Waterloo
I actually think that this season of FG has been pretty good.

Wish they would stop regurgitating the 'Bird is the Word' bit, it was really funny for one episode, but has become really stale.

Other than that, great show.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I find that show almost painful to watch now. Loved it on its first stint, now it just seems to regurgitate the same jokes over and over.

I'm starting to feel the same way. Once upon a time, Family Guy was fresh and original, but it's been slipping. The show spends way too much time making fun of itself, by returning to the same gags again and again.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The show spends way too much time making fun of itself, by returning to the same gags again and again.

They killed off Loretta (during The Cleveland Show) by using the "Peter destroys their house while someone's in the bathtub" bit.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
They killed off Loretta (during The Cleveland Show) by using the "Peter destroys their house while someone's in the bathtub" bit.

hmm. And does anyone really think that the bathtub gag has ever been particularly funny? I certainly don't.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I feel the same way. I haven't found the show funny for about 4 years now. I'll still watch the first stint of episodes when they're replayed on Adult Swim.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
This thread reminded me of this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRE0jYaOlzg]YouTube - Seth MacFarlane's Secret[/ame]

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I feel the same way. I haven't found the show funny for about 4 years now. I'll still watch the first stint of episodes when they're replayed on Adult Swim.

This. I watch the new episodes on Hulu, but I rarely watch the syndicated episodes anymore. I do enjoy the Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back parodies a great deal, however, and will rewatch them, but the majority of the episodes just haven't aged that well.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Get rid of at least one of the 3 seth mcfarland shows and bring back futurama!

Futurama is already coming back. Comedy Central, this June. Can't wait!!! There's a show that has aged very well. The episodes are still fresh and funny.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'll watch it if it's on, as it's good background fodder. Occasional laughs, and enjoyable, but it's not even close to shows like South Park and Always Sunny. I never go out of my way to watch it, or catch new episodes, but I don't hate it either.