Iowa State vs. Iowa 2010

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
Caught part of the 2 guys named Jim show on WHO Sunday night. Van Coleman is counting the ISU/Iowa game as an automatic win next year at Carver. I know we are losing an important part of our team but the way Iowa was this year don't think they have an automatic win on their schedule. :no:

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Van Coleman is apparently good friends with McCafferey. I think that it will depend on what happens next week with who we end up signing. If we don't get some recruits to fill in some holes in the interior then we're going ot struggle to have an automatic win ourselves.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
Agree. But not knowing what we are going to have and knowing what Iowa had this year at this point there's no way it's an automatic win for the Hawks.

LoyalSon

Jan 30, 2010
Des Moines, IA
Automatic win? absolutely not. A slight advantage given it's at Carver and the state of disarray both programs are in right now? perhaps.

I have to say, when I originally came to this thread, I was hoping and excited to maybe see comments regarding the game being played on Sept. 11th, and not the one in December. Guess it's still basketball season for some people :smile:

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
If everyone stays (Fuller), Iowa should win this game.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Caught part of the 2 guys named Jim show on WHO Sunday night. Van Coleman is counting the ISU/Iowa game as an automatic win next year at Carver. I know we are losing an important part of our team but the way Iowa was this year don't think they have an automatic win on their schedule. :no:

Van Morrison knows more about basketball than Van Coleman.

The nation will breathlessly await next December's game.
Iowa, coming off over-achiving to be 10-22 and ISU under-achiving to be 15-17.
Should be a barnburner.

SPOONER

Apr 16, 2009
Iowa was brutal last year but they were competitive against some pretty good teams at times during the middle of the season. They packed it in down the stretch and I think a lot of that had to do with turmoil within the program. They were very young and should have everyone coming back, though I understand Aaron Fuller's return is up in the air. Fuller is a pretty good young player.

On our side, the guts of our team have been ripped out and I think there are more defections to come. There is very little to be impressed about in our recruiting to think we are going to fill the gaping holes left in our roster.

I have to agree with whomever this Coleman guy is--they are going to beat us rather handily and I fear that's going to be true for several years.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
10-22 would be the football equivilant 1-11 or 0-12.
Iowa basically has no players, ISU has players to be named later.

SPOONER

Apr 16, 2009

They have two sophs who averaged double figures this year. That's a start.

As for us, our PTBNL are unlikely to be "players" and thus putting us in worse shape than Iowa. And it's not like Iowa has a crappy recruting class coming in and they aren't done recruiting yet either. The South Dakota kid is going to be a monster for them.

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009
Iowa was bad...

but they did win 31% of their games, which would equate to 3 or 4 wins in football.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
No players? May, Fuller and Gatens are all legit D1 players. The incoming class looks pretty good too.

Cody Larsen:

KSFY.com - Your Source for News, Sports, and Weather - Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104 | Sportscast
(04/02/10 - 10pm Sports)

Well...there goes the whole Cody Larson thing:

Hawkeye basketball: Recruit Cody Larson is granted release | desmoinesregister.com | The Des Moines Register

Wouldnt completely shock me if he just wanted to be freed up to look at his options and ended up coming back.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Van Coleman is apparently good friends with McCafferey.

If he wasn't then, he is now. Van's best friend in the business is usually whoever is coaching at iowa.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
What would the line-ups be for this game? I'm guessing this would be Iowa...

Matt Gatens
Eric May
Jarryd Cole
Cully Payne
Brommer/Cougill/Archie

Of course, this assuming there are no more transfers. (I actually think Payne, Brommer and Archie will all transfer)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron