Leno hammering Letterman in ratings...

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
At least according to the Hollywood Insider Mike Evans radio blurb I heard this morning on the drive to work. Since Leno went back to 10:35 PM, there have been 23 shows, and Leno has won 21 of 23. Also, Leno is supposedly winning in all demographic areas. I didn't catch the numbers exactly, but I thought Evans said that last week, Leno was in the lower 4's, and Letterman was in the lower 3's.

I tried to find some ratings links, but pretty much all entertainment sights are blocked here at work. The blog on Evans sight (On The Road With Mike Evans) lags the radio blurb by one day, so his commentary should be available tomorrow.

Last edited:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I don't think this is an indication of how much better Leno has become upon his return as much as just how unwatchable Letterman has become (the iPad thing he did the other night was just not funny).

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
all the old people just fell asleep after the news and was stuck on that channel.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I havent watched Letterman in a long time. His best days are behind him. I dont watch Leno either because he is kind of a *****.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
They were talking about that on the Stern show last week, and mentioned that Nightline beat both of them.

Late night comedy like Letterman, Tonight Show and SNL has all gotten really boring over the last 10 years. I wish Craig Kilborn would come back, he had the best show.

Reactions: 3GenClone

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
How do people find Leno funny? Seriously.

We definitely need Conan back.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
They were talking about that on the Stern show last week, and mentioned that Nightline beat both of them.

Late night comedy like Letterman, Tonight Show and SNL has all gotten really boring over the last 10 years. I wish Craig Kilborn would come back, he had the best show.

+1 for Craiggers!

S

st8

In both Leno and Letterman's defense, SNL is far worse than the nightly shows. that things has been a train wreck for almost 5 years now!

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

Apart from the first couple and last couple of weeks, Conan was pretty much a ratings disaster at 10:35 PM. If he comes back at the 10:35 PM timeslot, he had best come back with something significantly different than what he had previously.

mark

Apr 14, 2006
Apart from the first couple and last couple of weeks, Conan was pretty much a ratings disaster at 10:35 PM. If he comes back at the 10:35 PM timeslot, he had best come back with something significantly different than what he had previously.

+1

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
I havent watched Letterman in a long time. His best days are behind him. I dont watch Leno either because he is kind of a *****.

Letterman lost me when he bacame a bitter anti-Bush hack.

LeSchmick

Dec 14, 2008
Urbandale
In both Leno and Letterman's defense, SNL is far worse than the nightly shows. that things has been a train wreck for almost 5 years now!

I watched their Sigourney Weaver show a couple weekends ago and I thought it was hilarious! :biglaugh:

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

If SNL would shorten to just an hour I think it would do wonders for tightening up the show and eliminating a lot of unfunny segments. There are still a couple good moments most weeks I've bothered to watch.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Letterman used to be funny...but that was a loooong time ago. I think he takes himself too seriously these days and his political agenda turns people off. He has become a cranky old man.

Leno comes across as a good guy...a regular guy. He is much more likable than Letterman is.

As for Conan, I always though he was pretty funny but I can see how some would be turned off by his type of humor. The bottom line is that Leno has a much broader appeal with his humor than Conan...which is why Conan always lost to Dave and Jay always beats Dave.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
How do people find Leno funny? Seriously.

Agree here. I don't get it. Leno is NOT funny. Same crap, and boring to watch. Who is watching this ****?

Coco needs to be back in the fall with FOX.... (I am hoping.)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron