From BF's Twitter

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
From BF's Twitter:

"Alison Lacey in the GYM TODAY!! There is a reason she is good and will be great at the next level-loves the game and does the work it takes "
- posted about 7.30 AM yesterday

This is self explanatory. I really admire Aus and hope the best for her

"Tons of great emails today about another fantastic season--our fans understand how hard it is to win at Iowa State and appreciate the effort

And we did get ONE nasty voice mail from a gutless person who would not leave their name who was not happy--there is always ONE!So Sad!!
- posted yesterday

This is horrible ! I can't believe with how this team exceeding expectations, someone still felt unhappy and did such thing. So, for you who haven't done so - I encourage you to express your support to BF and the Team. I know he replies e-mail personally and appreciates the support.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Yeah that was pretty gutless and shameful that that person called and complained. Helluvah season. they should be proud.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
From BF's Twitter:

"Tons of great emails today about another fantastic season--our fans understand how hard it is to win at Iowa State and appreciate the effort

"how hard it is to win at Iowa State"... what does this mean?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Yeah that was pretty gutless and shameful that that person called and complained. Helluvah season. they should be proud.

No doubt. This season was in all reality a rebuilding year. We replaced a ton of players and some serious talent from an Elite 8 team. Not many programs can have a rebuilding year that ends in the Sweet 16. I was more then impressed with our results this season. :yes:

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
From BF's Twitter:

"Alison Lacey in the GYM TODAY!! There is a reason she is good and will be great at the next level-loves the game and does the work it takes "

This is self explanatory. I really admire Aus and hope the best for her

And we did get ONE nasty voice mail from a gutless person who would not leave their name who was not happy--there is always ONE!So Sad!!
- posted yesterday

This is horrible ! I can't believe with how this team exceeding expectations, someone still felt unhappy and did such thing. So, for you who haven't done so - I encourage you to express your support to BF and the Team. I know he replies e-mail personally and appreciates the support.
There's always that one person who will never be happy, no matter the outcome.

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
"how hard it is to win at Iowa State"... what does this mean?
It could mean any number of things. Difficulty recruiting to Ames/Iowa. Smallest athletic budget in the Big XII. Atmosphere of campus vs. what the athlete is looking for. Recruiting areas. Type of player the coaches focus on.

BF has done an outstanding job here. Outstanding. But that doesn't mean that every year isn't an uphill battle. Thankfully we have WBB coaches who are more than up to the challenge.

Also remember that he's limited to 140 characters on twitter - "win" may not be the most accurate word, or what he wanted to say, but it fit. Don't read too much into it.

Last edited:

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
It makes sense that coaches (or those that are in their circle) will always push how hard their job is (most everyone thinks their job is hard). Keep expectations low.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
BF has made ISU one of the top twenty programs in DIV I WBB. The fans have put ISU in the top 5 in attendance. The ISU job may be tough but is easier than the vast majority of jobs out there.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
BF has made ISU one of the top twenty programs in DIV I WBB. The fans have put ISU in the top 5 in attendance. The ISU job may be tough but is easier than the vast majority of jobs out there.

Hmm. Not sure how that makes his job easier. Maybe easier to come to work, but I don't think fans make his job less difficult. There's a LOT of hard work in being a good DI coach.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Hmm. Not sure how that makes his job easier. Maybe easier to come to work, but I don't think fans make his job less difficult. There's a LOT of hard work in being a good DI coach.

BF may have difficulties recruiting to Ames but some is offset by the level of fan support and the program he has already built.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

While I agree to a certain extent with you... I wouldn't say going to battle every year with Baylor, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska twice (this year), Andrea Riley....(I mean Oklahoma State), and Texas A&M is easy. The Big XII is the toughest conference in the country by far which makes what BF has done with this program is nothing short of amazing.

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
From BF's Twitter:

I'll go out on a limb and guess Aus is invited to the three point contest on ESPN.