Cancer on the board.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006
This is from MedicineNet.com

Cancer: An abnormal growth of cells which tend to proliferate in an uncontrolled way and, in some cases, to metastasize (spread). Cancer is not one disease. It is a group of more than 100 different and distinctive diseases

Definition on this board.

Cancer: An abnormal growth of posts which tend to proliferate in an uncontrolled way and, in some cases, to metastasize (spread). Cancer is not one disease. It is a group of more than 100 different and distinctive Posters on this board.

Flame away. I won't be back until Monday, Go Cyclones!:smile:

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
I'm not gonna lie...I have always probably spent too much time on message boards, but I'm starting to run out of steam in some ways. Any comment in any thread is immediately turned to a GMac thread by sarcastic reference that isn't even all that funny in the first place. It's tiring to sort through the same old things to have a good honest discussion about anything or God forbid learn anything new.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
I'm not gonna lie...I have always probably spent too much time on message boards, but I'm starting to run out of steam in some ways. Any comment in any thread is immediately turned to a GMac thread by sarcastic reference that isn't even all that funny in the first place. It's tiring to sort through the same old things to have a good honest discussion about anything or God forbid learn anything new.

I know, right? It's almost as bad as those people that start threads and comment in threads to complain about others complaining.

Reactions: thatguy

cy1010

Dec 16, 2009
I know, right? It's almost as bad as those people that start threads and comment in threads to complain about others complaining.

I think the issue is the level of discourse and the hijacking of threads, not complaining in general.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006

I'm not complaining about complaining. I'm complaining about taking any thread on any subject and turning it into a bash GMac thread. I don't care if you want to start a thread called reasons why GMac sucks and detail out your beliefs. It would be old and played out, but it doesn't bother me. I may even agree with some of your reasons. I get tired of having a thread about, say, Fennelly that has nothing to do with MBB and someone has to come in and say "I wish GMac would watch BF coach to learn a thing or two." Because first of all that's a ratarded premise and second of all it isn't what the thread was about. If you want to hate on GMac, by all means, hate on.

Some of us are trying to maintain a certain level of sanity while reading this board.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007

I'm not complaining about complaining. I'm complaining about taking any thread on any subject and turning it into a bash GMac thread. I don't care if you want to start a thread called reasons why GMac sucks and detail out your beliefs. It would be old and played out, but it doesn't bother me. I may even agree with some of your reasons. I get tired of having a thread about, say, Fennelly that has nothing to do with MBB and someone has to come in and say "I wish GMac would watch BF coach to learn a thing or two." Because first of all that's a ratarded premise and second of all it isn't what the thread was about. If you want to hate on GMac, by all means, hate on.

Some of us are trying to maintain a certain level of sanity while reading this board.

I thought this was a thread about cancer, then you bring GMac into it?

Reactions: CloneIce

cy1010

Dec 16, 2009
Definition on this board.

Cancer: An abnormal growth of posts which tend to proliferate in an uncontrolled way and, in some cases, to metastasize (spread). Cancer is not one disease. It is a group of more than 100 different and distinctive Posters on this board.

Flame away. I won't be back until Monday, Go Cyclones!:smile:

I thought this was a thread about cancer, then you bring GMac into it?

Yeah, it's about cancer, with no reference to what goes on on the board.

Here's the problem. Either you don't read, or once you realize you're wrong you make dumb comments. Just admit you're wrong from time to time. It's okay. It happens to all of us on a daily basis.

cy1010

Dec 16, 2009
I'm on the board way too often, but I really couldn't give a **** about thread derailments, etc. If I don't like it, I don't ******* read it.

It's not about not reading what you don't like. It's about facilitating conversation.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Lets be honest, some of the GMac defenders do the same crap. Ive seen completely on topic threads where defenders drop crap like 'its only a matter of time before someone comes in and bashes gmac in here'

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Just as annoying. Agreed. Although, those people tend to be proven right most of the time I suppose.

Well.. in those cases often times theyre proven right because someone takes that bait. Not all threads end up at GMac talk...

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Lets be honest, some of the GMac defenders do the same crap. Ive seen completely on topic threads where defenders drop crap like 'its only a matter of time before someone comes in and bashes gmac in here'

Agreed, and just as annoying. I just picked what I considered the most prevalent example. I like coming here and reading thoughts and opinions and having good discussion while getting some news at times as well.

Maybe I'm a crybaby, but reading can be a chore. Maybe I was too hopeful it would get somewhat better after the season.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
Just as annoying. Agreed. Although, those people tend to be proven right most of the time I suppose.

Despite my disdain for kg, I'm a lot more moderate about the McD situation and will pat him on the back when he deserves it, but will equally criticize him when it's merited. I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but what exactly have the most staunch defenders of McD been proven right about?

Addition: I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just curious. No malice in my post at all.