Using Time Machine - what sporting event you would change

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I know most here don't care for the Murph and Andy show, but with the Hot Tub Time Machine movie coming out they asked what sporting event people would change with aid of a time machine. The obvious ISU ones mentioned - the MSU game, and two FB games with the north on the line. My favorite was the one that mentioned taking out the Mizzou student for taking the Larry pics. The ISU one I would change would be Jamaal's layup going in so every March we wouldn't have to see the highlight of the coach of you know who getting lifted in the air.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Missouri game to win the big12 north. Just don't throw that pick! Run the damn ball from the 1.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I would take the ISU-MSU game because if we win that game, we're more than likely a national champion. Something to eternally be proud of.

Go Cyclones!

cy1010

Dec 16, 2009
Favre throwing the pick against NO, Martin Rancik forgetting his defensive assignment, and Paul Shirley (lane violation, missed defensive assignment, and slow rotation resulting in block-charge) againts MSU.

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
ISU vs Mich St, not even close. Cyclones win the whole thing.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Easy, blarge game.

Wouldn't change fball, because then we'd still have DM.

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
The Elite 8 game would be the obvious choice. Win it and we win a National Title.

Another would be the '78 Gator Bowl. Stop Woody Hayes from punching the Clemson player, keep Bruce in Ames, and we have ourselves an upper-half Big 8 football program instead of two decades of misery and incompetence.

cy1010

Dec 16, 2009
this and Gary Anderson not missing easy fg vs Falcons in '98

Which was more painful, Andersen missing the only FG of the year, or Favre throwing the pick?

I guess I'll go with Andersen because the Vikes were a buzzsaw that year. The broncos owe one of their titles to the Atlanta Falcons.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I know most here don't care for the Murph and Andy show, but with the Hot Tub Time Machine movie coming out they asked what sporting event people would change with aid of a time machine. The obvious ISU ones mentioned - the MSU game, and two FB games with the north on the line. My favorite was the one that mentioned taking out the Mizzou student for taking the Larry pics. The ISU one I would change would be Jamaal's layup going in so every March we wouldn't have to see the highlight of the coach of you know who getting lifted in the air.

the double foul against paul shirley in the elite eight game against msu. I think we win it all without that call.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Which was more painful, Andersen missing the only FG of the year, or Favre throwing the pick?

I guess I'll go with Andersen because the Vikes were a buzzsaw that year. The broncos owe one of their titles to the Atlanta Falcons.

easily Anderson was more painful for me. 30-some yd fg, at home, about to put the game out of reach.....miss. i about tore my buddy's house apart. then we had to watch Denver make the super bowl and he is a Denver fan. brutal.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Dowling/Marshalltown in this season's FB Semis. Scored at the end and just gave them too much time.