Oklahoma basketball in trouble?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I am sure this stuff goes on EVERYWHERE. It's one of the reasons I just simply can't stand college basketball anymore. It's a dirty, dirty business starting before kids even get to high school.

I'm sure CFB has it's issues as well, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as it is in MBB.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
I am sure this stuff goes on EVERYWHERE. It's one of the reasons I just simply can't stand college basketball anymore. It's a dirty, dirty business starting before kids even get to high school.

I'm sure CFB has it's issues as well, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as it is in MBB.

I think it depends where your at...Midwest is pretty good for the most part.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Definition of a sooner:" 1. A person who settled homestead land in the western United States before it was officially made available, in order to have first choice of location." = CHEATERS!!! = OU

They even refer to themselves as cheaters!!!:biglaugh:

Reactions: CycloneErik

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
It does happen a lot of places and most of the time it can be related to the shady dealing of the AAU programs. Just like the connection that Calipari with Wesley Williams. But Calipari isn't directly involved just like i am sure capel is not that is how they avoid getting in trouble. There are middle men like Williams who have contacts with agents and AAU coaches and then the funnel players to a school with the promise that they will push the kid to a certain agent. so it is usually the agent that gets caught giving money and not the college coaches, i.e. Calipari, and they get to keep their hands 'clean'

sys

Jan 20, 2007
the allegation, if true, is not that ou is cheating. it is that gallon received improper benefits from an agent. the agent isn't an ou booster. if anything, he's basically trying to steal one of their players.

Spam

May 21, 2008
OU Basketbll in trouble. While ISU basketball is oh-so-healthy like never before.