Timing of press release

CloneAbuse

Oct 4, 2009
Clive, IA
This quote was attributed to Mac in the Register this morning, “The balance of our team can be much better,â€￾ McDermott said. “We’ll put a team together that will play together and that will remain unselfish and really care about wearing the Iowa State uniform — and we’ve had a few issues with that this year.â€￾

The press release came this afternoon concerning the additional exodus of contributing players. He knew he was losing two more players, when he gave the Register the quote, yet he still claims there will be much better balance as a team next season. Can he really believe that?

I can't believe balance comes from scrambling for recruits this late in the game....

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
This quote was attributed to Mac in the Register this morning, “The balance of our team can be much better,â€￾ McDermott said. “We’ll put a team together that will play together and that will remain unselfish and really care about wearing the Iowa State uniform — and we’ve had a few issues with that this year.â€￾

The press release came this afternoon concerning the additional exodus of contributing players. He knew he was losing two more players, when he gave the Register the quote, yet he still claims there will be much better balance as a team next season. Can he really believe that?

I can't believe balance comes from scrambling for recruits this late in the game....

What do you really expect him to say..."we are really losing a lot of quality players off our team that won 4 conference games this year and that is going to make next year much tougher than this year"?

Somebody posted about needing a stiffer than normal drink (or drinks as the case may be) today...I needed that double (actually several of them) the day Pollard announced GM was going to be here next year.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Yes, he probably did know about them and was not considering them a part of the team at time of the quote. I have to believe Ham leaving was a kick to his junk. I don't know what he will do. I do know he needs to adapt completely to this team. He hasn't had a team without a star for a long time.

CloneAbuse

Oct 4, 2009
Clive, IA
What do you really expect him to say..."we are really losing a lot of quality players off our team that won 4 conference games this year and that is going to make next year much tougher than this year"?

Somebody posted about needing a stiffer than normal drink (or drinks as the case may be) today...I needed that double (actually several of them) the day Pollard announced GM was going to be here next year.

At least if he'd said that, he'd be fulfilling the hones/integrity clause that seems to be so important to JP :jimlad:

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
See, he's bashing former player(s) here. I really don't think he develops relationships with these kids. And that's HUGE.

Greg throws his players under the bus and even when it's clear he's at fault he still continues to do so. Amazing. People keep saying how "great of guy Greg is" yet I don't see his public comments supporting that. When does he own up?

He's done and his story just keeps making him look worse. How sad.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
I thought the same thing, he's blaming the players vs looking in the mirror and questioning why he continues to lose players.
You've got some years of eligibility left, suck it up and throw on a jersey. Quit all that bike riding, it's probably ruined your jumper.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

That quote came from Monday's press conference.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
You've got some years of eligibility left, suck it up and throw on a jersey. Quit all that bike riding, it's probably ruined your jumper.

He is a CEO.

For Doc Sadler, he finally said E for effort for his team did not get enough wins. You still had to have some talent. Who will be the star next year? Chemistry can get you only so far unless you are Butler.