Williams Blog: Frantic Friday

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I agree that Hamilton was the most improved player on the team, and one of the real bright spots for the future of this team. I'm really, really disappointed that he is transferring. I won't necessarily hold it against him, because I think he is a good kid. There has to be something larger going on here than just the reasons that keep being given for player defections. I could buy each individual case, but in total, there's just something wrong.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm disappointed that you're not asking questions about the basketball culture here, and what part Gmac plays. I do understand you want to protect relationships and access for your job.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
CW asks plenty of questions...no need to rip on the staff in an opinion piece just for the sake of ripping on them.. there are better ways to approach it, and I'm sure CW knows that already...sheesh.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I'm disappointed that you're not asking questions about the basketball culture here, and what part Gmac plays. I do understand you want to protect relationships and access for your job.

There is a reason why they are doing the reporting and you're not.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
If we do not get Wilkins we will have to go into a type of game we have not seen played under the Mac regime. I think we will have to use a lot of pressure and run all of the time. We will have to create easy buckets with defense. Heck, even Wilkins may not be the secret to a half court offense. I just do not see any way we succeed without playing with chaos. I just do not think we have the players to play the fundamental basketball Mac would love to play. I fully believe we have to try and make every game as messy as possibly. I just do not see the polish we need to out execute teams. Hopefully Mac can find the right concoction of players to make it work. I don't know or necessarily think he will do that but I have to find some sort of hope in something.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
This program is never going to be successful under Greg McDermott, I would bet my paycheck on that.

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
This truly stinks. I just went from being a fence sitter to falling off and landing with a big thud. Hamilton was probably the last or second to last guy I thought would leave. When does spring ball start?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

If you understand the bolded then you answered your own question.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Yeah... I think the media members need to really start asking some tough questions of somebody? How can this happen? JP and GMac have a LOT of explaining to do. They need to explain to us why we need to support this garbage anymore?

egunzy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
Same song, different day. Player retention has been next to non-existent under McDermott and I think ISU will continue to have this problem as long as the train wreck that iis McDermott is running our program. I guess Pollard can say year 5 is year 1 again because we have to start over.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron