OK, two more spots just opened up. Who do we recruit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cyclone42

I think the JuCo route is our best bet right now. There probably aren't very many good uncommitted high schoolers out there, which means we have to recruit JuCo's.

Back when Floyd was here, he took a look at his roster, and saw that he was losing most of the talent after his first season. He decided to go basically all-JuCos for his first real recruiting class, then recruit a class of mostly high-school talent for when they were gone. I think the JuCo route would be our best bet at this point. Just fill up the roster with JuCos, and worry about recruiting 4-year players next year and the year after.

That said, what uncommitted JuCos are available?

Also, we might have an avenue of recruiting available with de-commits from schools that are firing their coaches. (Iowa, Auburn, etc.) I know Greg probably would shy away from that, but we are desperate.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
why bother they will just leave?

or the rest of MCC roster.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
By now anyone that is worthy of taking is gone, or pretty much locked up.

Just look how GMACS last 4 years of late season recruiting have turned out. Or just his recruiting is in general.

No reason for me to believe that he can bring in enough guys next year to make us decent. Only way to do that is bring in a new coach with his recruits.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Maybe McD can get the Fab 5 (juco style)! And take ISU to the final four like Michigan did with their fab 5.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
PLEASE PLEASE dont just sign a bunch of Iowa jucos.. talk about eastern Iowa community college basketball.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
By now anyone that is worthy of taking is gone, or pretty much locked up.

Just look how GMACS last 4 years of late season recruiting have turned out. Or just his recruiting is in general.

No reason for me to believe that he can bring in enough guys next year to make us decent. Only way to do that is bring in a new coach with his recruits.

Time to update your sig.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
I know who we recruit. A new head coach with an top assistant who is an awesome recruiter. Those are our two biggest needs right now for ISU basketball.

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
We absolutely, absolutely, absolutely have to find another warm body at the 4/5 spots or we will be so terribly undermanned down low next year it will be comical.

All we have as an inside presence is Dendy now? Is that for real!? JVB is not an inside presence unfortunately and we desparately need help down low. That has to be Gmac's priority with one of the two final spots.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
We absolutely, absolutely, absolutely have to find another warm body at the 4/5 spots or we will be so terribly undermanned down low next year it will be comical.

All we have as an inside presence is Dendy now? Is that for real!? JVB is not an inside presence unfortunately and we desparately need help down low. That has to be Gmac's priority with one of the two final spots.

We need guards as bad as we need bigs.

DumbFan

Mar 15, 2009
Central Iowa
GMAC got Wesley late, so maybe he can find another hidden gem that will leave after one or two years.

Took the words out of my mouth. Believe it or not there is talent out there has hasn't been whored out by the media. We just have to find it.....I won't hold my breath though.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
[All we have as an inside presence is Dendy now? Is that for real!? JVB is not an inside presence unfortunately and we desparately need help down low. That has to be Gmac's priority with one of the two final spots. /QUOTE]

Let's not get all cocky and think they will be here next year. Dendy's last 3 games were great.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We just need players willing to suit up for a year, are not sick, are not from overseas, can shoot, do not mind losing in conference. Quick, call marshalltown.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008

For now. I would not be surprised if Dendy doesn't make his way back to Ames from South Carolina, just a hunch.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
[All we have as an inside presence is Dendy now? Is that for real!? JVB is not an inside presence unfortunately and we desparately need help down low. That has to be Gmac's priority with one of the two final spots. /QUOTE]

Let's not get all cocky and think they will be here next year. Dendy's last 3 games were great.

Are yoiu saying Dendu might quit too?

Perhaps when Gilstrap was voided by the NCAA, Craig decided to leave, then Ham and maybe Buckley. They could have been one big happy group and now the combine split. This looks like a lot of pressure of DG to be a superstar. Sure nice they moved up the Big 12 tournament so Greg could make all the announcements and be done with the season.

No wonder JP had to issue his letter. He probably knew the maelstroml that we were headed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron