Is it me or does Gilstap act hurt every play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwiaclonefan

Mar 8, 2007
Seriously, im sick of him actin hurt all the time. Dunno if it's his excuse for missin a shot or making a bad play or what... Watch him tonight. You'll see it.

Reactions: isuforlife

Jack & Hilton

Nov 30, 2007
Have you watched him play at all this year? Dude has taken some serious beatings from the hardwood this year and has gotten back up, that's called playing through pain.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
He is a tough kid!

I do kind of laugh a little bit when he looks like he can barely walk one second and the next he has a 38 inch verticle. I'm sure he is hurt...just not as much as he acts...but you will never hear me complain because he is one of the few guys on our team that doesn't shy from contact

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I mentioned the same thing earlier in the season but someone posted that he's constantly battling cramps and it's not something he can prevent.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I mentioned it about 6 weeks ago, he is a drama queen when it comes to injuries. Especially on the defensive end. There was one game I thought he blew his knee out because he was slamming his hands on the ground and everything. Turns out, it was a cramp.

Reactions: GM4ISU

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Didn't his knee get totally destroyed a few years back? Isn't that why we're having such issues getting him another year of eligiblity.

BTW folks - let's keep in mind Chris's reminder yesterday on not insulting players or name calling. Thanks.

Last edited:

nwiaclonefan

Mar 8, 2007
sure mtown but u dont see brackins, dg, scotty or anyone else pull the faces he does. its a joke. what ev tho. best of luck to the kid after this year.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
sure mtown but u dont see brackins, dg, scotty or anyone else pull the faces he does. its a joke. what ev tho. best of luck to the kid after this year.

maybe he is pulling faces because its real

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
How many games has he missed due to injury? How many minutes?

Oh yah, thats what I thought.

St810s

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
West Des Moines
How many games has he missed due to injury? How many minutes?

Oh yah, thats what I thought.

I see where the OP is coming from. Booze and JVB went down once and they were out for the season. Gilstrap has gone down about 50 times and has only missed a couple of minutes? Hmm...

Not questioning has manhood. Just noting the fact that he may like to "embellish" a little.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
Seriously, im sick of him actin hurt all the time. Dunno if it's his excuse for missin a shot or making a bad play or what... Watch him tonight. You'll see it.

its probably not an act... every time i play basketball my left ankle gets all jacked up... i have bone on bone... its painful, i hope limp a bit, but just keep playing... maybe his body really does hurt... good athletes can shut the pain off and go during plays... nothing hurts til you stop moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron