2010 Cinderella Team

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Who you got?

I think Cornell or Wofford is going to do some damage in the tourney. If UNI is a 5 seed, I'll bet the farm that they lose first round.

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
I don't think UNI will be a 5 seed. If they are, I pick them to lose as well, as they'd be the weakest 5 seed by far.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
Cornell has the power to surprise. Ask Kansas.

Probably the worst thing that could have happened for them was to win at kansas, from the perspective of trying to sneak up on anybody in the tourney. ESPN, of course, kept breaking in to that game. Otherwise, it's possible they may have been able to pull an upset or two. As it is, teams will be well aware of them, and what they are capable of now...

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I don't know. It's hard to pick a Cinderella. Because If you think they will do good, it's really not a cinderella pick

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
How can you claim that when the bracket isn't even out?!?!

Well, Lunardi has them at an 8 right now. That's a good starting point. At best they'll move up one seed, so now we're looking at a 7 seed.

If you go by rankings, you'd have to be in the Top 20 to be a 5 seed. I know rankings don't mean that much in seedings, but they can be a good indication. UNI isn't even in the Top 25 and I really don't think they are that good.

All that being said, if they did somehow end up a 5 seed, they'd have to be the worst of them.

Correction: Should have actually looked at the rankings, UNI is 25th in the coaches poll and 26th in the AP.

Last edited:

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Question: Would a freak accident conference champ from a major conference, say ISU winning the Big 12, be considered a cinderella in the same sense as a mid-major?

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
They had been a 9 seed in most mocks so I think 7 may be the highest. Siena is a team that has NCAA tourney experience

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Probably the worst thing that could have happened for them was to win at kansas, from the perspective of trying to sneak up on anybody in the tourney. ESPN, of course, kept breaking in to that game. Otherwise, it's possible they may have been able to pull an upset or two. As it is, teams will be well aware of them, and what they are capable of now...

They didn't actually win that game--Kansas did. ESPN just kept breaking into it because it's a freaking Ivy League school keeping up with a top 3 team. That being said, depending on their match-up, I could see them pulling out a first round W.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron