Suggestion for SportsTalkMatt

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
Why don't you scurry back over to your Creighton message board and leave us alone. Spend your time delving into the key issues at your little mid-major program like - Why/how did Altman recruit a thug like P'Allen Stinnett and manager to keep him eligible? What does he need to do to right the sinking ship that is Creighton basketball? Now that UNI and Witchita State have become the premier teams in the conference, what can the 'Jays do to stay relevent? Does anyone outside of Omaha even care?

Your hatred of Pollard is laughable. I am a supporter but certainly don't agree with all of his decisions. That said, his track record has been pretty good. This stinks of Jim Rome and Kirk Ferentz. If Pollard came on your show you would spend 10 minutes kissing his butt and that would be the end of the story. Enough already.

Ken's good though. Have a nice day.:smile:

Reactions: weR138

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
agree, hes a *******... but i like the pub of isu bad or good... as long as we are talked about every day. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Why don't you scurry back over to your Creighton message board and leave us alone. Spend your time delving into the key issues at your little mid-major program like - Why/how did Altman recruit a thug like P'Allen Stinnett and manager to keep him eligible? What does he need to do to right the sinking ship that is Creighton basketball? Now that UNI and Witchita State have become the premier teams in the conference, what can the 'Jays do to stay relevent? Does anyone outside of Omaha even care?

Your hatred of Pollard is laughable. I am a supporter but certainly don't agree with all of his decisions. That said, his track record has been pretty good. This stinks of Jim Rome and Kirk Ferentz. If Pollard came on your show you would spend 10 minutes kissing his butt and that would be the end of the story. Enough already.

Ken's good though. Have a nice day.:smile:
At least he is talking ISU. I liked him when he was on 590. Don't listen to him now because I don't get KXNO. He definitely does not have the feel for the ISU base right now but he is new to the market. Kinda looks like he is treating the ISU fan base similar to the way he treated Nebraska.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Let's face it folks. We have CW, Paul Clark and John Walters (and Eric Heft) in the media that are Cyclone nut swingers. That's it. The others only cover Cyclone sports because they are in the state. We need more nut swingers.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I don't mind Matt being here. I disagree with him a lot of the time, but he's welcome in my mind.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Haha, thank the lord this guys out of Omaha. He's always been the type of "sports" personality that reads the headlines and jumps on one side or the other never really bringing anything interesting or unique to the conversation. His bandwagon mentality and unorignal opinions are not missed in Omaha.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Saying bad things about an area sports talk announcer on this message board will eventually lead to him hating Iowa State and our fans (see Marty Terrell). Matt Perrault has the power to do serious damage to our Athletic Department. Keep it postive. Matt -- I speak for the real majority of Cyclone fans when I say you're doing a great job! Why the Hawkeye fans don't like you I will never know. Keep up the good work. As long as you're at KXnO I'll be tuning in everday between 4pm-7pm!!!:smile:

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
Saying bad things about an area sports talk announcer on this message board will eventually lead to him hating Iowa State and our fans (see Marty Terrell). Matt Perrault has the power to do serious damage to our Athletic Department. Keep it postive. Matt -- I speak for the real majority of Cyclone fans when I say you're doing a great job! Why the Hawkeye fans don't like you I will never know. Keep up the good work. As long as you're at KXnO I'll be tuning in everday between 4pm-7pm!!!:smile:

Matt's Dad?

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Matt's Dad?

See Matt -- rdubbs is a Hawkeye fan (see his Hawkeye flag Avatar) and he implied that inorder to compliment you I must be your Dad. This is another clear cut example of how Hawkeye fans hate you. On the other hand, a vast majority of Cyclone fans love and appreciate your work!

Sportstalkmatt

May 21, 2009
Des Moines
On both sides of this issue - Thank you.

I understand my role as a talk show host. I come on message boards because I'm a fan. I love sports. I love covering sports. Message boards are a great way of talking to fans about sports. Paul Clark's site could be where I go and post this stuff but I'd rather do it for Chris because we are friends and I like to support my friends businesses.

I work for Rivals covering Creighton. It has nothing to do with Iowa State. I do not know why Jamie Pollard disliked me before I got here but from literally day 1 - we have had an issue. I do not dislike Jamie - but I will judge him the way I would judge anyone.

My "power" is very limited. I can influence conversations but that's about it. I don't hate Iowa or Iowa State. I also don't hate UNI or Drake. I get to go to the NCAA run for UNI. I think that shows that people care about MVC basketball in Des Moines. I love the Valley...but I enjoy the Big boys too.

Again, I don't care if you like me or not. I just hope you will listen to the show and keep the conversation going....

Last edited:

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
See Matt -- rdubbs is a Hawkeye fan (see his Hawkeye flag Avatar) and he implied that inorder to compliment you I must be your Dad. This is another clear cut example of how Hawkeye fans hate you. On the other hand, a vast majority of Cyclone fans love and appreciate your work!

I agree PGreen. I think that Matt does just fine. He is being attacked now because of the stance on the McD issue, and he feels we need to fire McD.

I disagree with him on firing McD ONLY because we cannot afford it. McD has done nothing other than be hired by JP to keep his job. I support JP in most things but he is human and has made mistakes (see Chizzdick and McD). He does not do a good job of admitting these mistakes but in the McD situation because of the STUPID contract extension that JP is responsible for JP cannot fire him without severly hampering the funds of the ISU ADept.

Why can't people understand that others are not required to have the same opinion as themselves.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Matt, always enjoyed you in Omaha. Keep posting. Your opinions are just one part of the discussion. Sometimes the truth hurts people, but they need to grow up.

This website is only better by having a plethora of opinions.

When no one talks about ISU in the media, that is the time that things are really bad.

Last edited:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Do we really have to hate everyone on sprots talk radio, in Des Moines? Get over it. At least he isnt making stuff up and telling it as the truth. Just because doesnt give the rosey koolaid side is the reason you dont like him. The other side needs to be out there as well.

Reactions: CloneIce

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Do we really have to hate everyone on sprots talk radio, in Des Moines? Get over it. At least he isnt making stuff up and telling it as the truth. Just because doesnt give the rosey koolaid side is the reason you dont like him. The other side needs to be out there as well.

This is a good point. Matt is not a "Shock Jock" like Marty Terrell. Matt doesn't make stuff up. He states his opinion but he gives his honest opinion. He doesn't say things he doesn't mean only to get a rise out of the listening audience (see Marty Terrell). "Shock Jocks" do damage to the Athletic Department. Matt is not a "Shock Jock."

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
As far as firing McD or not, even the sportstalk people in Missouri feel that JP has probable cause. They said on Monday that if you cannot win half your conference games by the end of the third year, the coach should be replaced. It is beyond the third year now with minimal hopes for improvement next year.

The chance to load up on kool-aid will be dosed with reality no matter who is on our team. Until we find a dominant point guard, we will always be behind the big boys.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Yeah, not understanding the need to call him a *******. I don't agree with him on Mac but he's entitled and paid to give HIS opinion.

I do feel we target radio hosts a wee bit too much.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

I'm waiting to hear the other side. At least when it comes to JP. I don't see how this is about GMac at all.

I'll admit that I don't listen long or often to M&M. But what I do hear, is consistently negative towards JP. Why does JP dislike you Matt (if JP even cares)? Probably because you were in town for all of a week before you decided to tee off on his contract. Then he makes a joke at your expense - and you go on a tirade for days. Yet you guys can make a living doing 3 hours a day at his expense. And often do.

I like Kenny, but his axe is sharper on the subject than even Matt's. Holds BVD as some sort of Oracle, which I find mystifying. And they question why JP disses them. It's amusing actually.

I'll be open. What positives does the afternoon slot have to say about the AD? Cause I certainly don't hear it over the radio dial.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Anyone else think sports talk radio is the equivalent of paint drying?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I've said this over and over and over

Some of you could hand pick who you wanted to be the radio guys in this market, it would be done as you wished and then you'd STILL complain about it.

Reactions: Cyhart

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron