Message to Miller, Deace, and pitchfork crowd

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
It's so easy for you to sit there and spew out your anger and your demands to Jamie Pollard, as if you really knew all of the factors that go into this very difficult decision.

Like most Division I athletic departments throughout the country, Iowa State's is struggling to remain financially solvent. Unless one of you complainers decide to donate a couple million dollars to buy out Mac's contract, how on earth do you expect Pollard to come up with the cash?

And just like most Division I athletic departments around the country, Iowa State's football program MUST be the absolute #1 priority when it comes to resources. So how wise would it be for Pollard to try to raise a couple million dollars just to send Mac out the door when our football staff's compensation has slipped well below the conference average, and when millions are needed to bowl in the football stadium?

But never mind all of that reality stuff, it takes away from the fun of piling on. So keep it up Deace and Miller, it makes for entertaining radio.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Deace and Miller, and most "haters" on this board have acknowledged the finances of this decision many, many times.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
And just like most Division I athletic departments around the country, Iowa State's football program MUST be the absolute #1 priority when it comes to resources. So how wise would it be for Pollard to try to raise a couple million dollars just to send Mac out the door when our football staff's compensation has slipped well below the conference average, and when millions are needed to bowl in the football stadium?

But never mind all of that reality stuff, it takes away from the fun of piling on. So keep it up Deace and Miller, it makes for entertaining radio.

Why did we build the Sukup practice facility then, when that money could have gone to football?

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Deace and Miller, and most "haters" on this board have acknowledged the finances of this decision many, many times.

And yet they still demand that Mac be fired anyway. It makes me think these must be the same people who demand that they receive the same level of goverment services, that their taxes be reduced, and that the deficit problem be reduced - all at the same time.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Why did we build the Sukup practice facility then, when that money could have gone to football?

You should know the answer to this.

It was a land donation specifically for this. Either we built a BBall practice facility or we got nothing.

If it was a random $7M donation to the AD...you can bet your bottom dollar most of that would have been put into FB.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
If it was a random $7M donation to the AD.. Hah! I don't think there is a such thing.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
"pitchfork crowd" implies that there is no rational basis to talk that McD should be done here. 4 years of failure says differently.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
My problem with Deace this morning is he keeps using the word "we" when talking about Iowa State basketball. "We" should demand more. "We" shouldn't accept this".

He gives $0.00 to Iowa State and pays $0.00 for tickets. Let the people who give money and pay for tickets determine what should be done about the state of the program.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
And yet they still demand that Mac be fired anyway. It makes me think these must be the same people who demand that they receive the same level of goverment services, that their taxes be reduced, and that the deficit problem be reduced - all at the same time.

I don't believe there have been ANY demands on our show that Mac be fired. Deace has said repeatedly that he sees no signs of things working out with Greg. I have never heard him say once that Jamie should fire Greg. And to date, I would side with Steve as saying I haven't seen any indication that things are going to be better going forward. Same for what is going on in Iowa City.

Reactions: coachdags

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
It's so easy for you to sit there and spew out your anger and your demands to Jamie Pollard, as if you really knew all of the factors that go into this very difficult decision.

Like most Division I athletic departments throughout the country, Iowa State's is struggling to remain financially solvent. Unless one of you complainers decide to donate a couple million dollars to buy out Mac's contract, how on earth do you expect Pollard to come up with the cash?

But YOU know all the factors. (roll eyes) while making a post that adds NOTHING new to what already has been stated and discussed over and over and over and over while offering nothing but hope and wait with an I TOLD YOU SO attitude like you really know something that others don't. You too make for entertaining posting.

BTW, Thanks for the lecture Mom.

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
I don't believe there have been ANY demands on our show that Mac be fired. Deace has said repeatedly that he sees no signs of things working out with Greg. I have never heard him say once that Jamie should fire Greg. And to date, I would side with Steve as saying I haven't seen any indication that things are going to be better going forward. Same for what is going on in Iowa City.

Except beating the #5 team in the country on the road in OT with only an 8 player roster with 2 guys fouled out, 2 more with 4 fouls and 1 guy hobbling around on an injured knee.

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
BUT it will get better. All you have to do is wait and hope. You know just like that one movie where the girl was told to clique her ruby slippers together while chanting "there's no place like home, there's no place like home".

"wait and hope, wait and hope" :wink:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I assume that jamie built the practice facility to take mbb to the next level but instead we just barely escaped the cellar...

Come on. Everyone knows it will take a full 2 or 3 years for the facility to mature and provide value to the team

:jimlad: