Elgin Cook Ejected

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
So he was ejected for pulling his elbow away when the ref tried to touch him?

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
It appeared to some, including this reporter, that the referee touched Cook on the elbow, just as someone would to get another person's attention. Cook jerked his elbow away from the referee, and the referee who called the initial technical foul immediately whistled Cook for a second resulting in his ejection.

So he is already used to occasionally getting screwed by officials. He'll fit right in.

Reactions: cycloneML

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
As Cook, who appeared upset with the call, walked toward halfcourt, another referee approached him, seemingly to explain the infraction or calm the junior down. It appeared to some, including this reporter, that the referee touched Cook on the elbow, just as someone would to get another person's attention. Cook jerked his elbow away from the referee, and the referee who called the initial technical foul immediately whistled Cook for a second resulting in his ejection.

Gotta love refs who are on a power trip.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
I like the fiery passion. Yes it got him ready for Big 12 refs, but gotta love someone who'll throw down a 2 hander and still be ****** off about the game play, even when winning.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
He's a thug and Iowa State doesn't need players like that! (Insert sarcasm smiley.) Sounds like a ref on a power trip. In the game while play is going on I wouldn't want a ref touching me at all either. It's not the refs job to calm someone down. That's the coach's. Just call the fouls as you see them. Some players channel their anger/disagreements/being upset in to play better/harder.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Refs have no bid'ness putting their hands on anyone. I see no problem with what happened. Everyone seems to have the same perception of what happened, no wrong doing on his part.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
I actually really like hearing this, we need that fire. He is going to be a stud for us in the future.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I wouldn't even get too worked up about this seeings how Cook is not even a "solid" verbal with ISU right now...Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he decommitted between now and the end of summer.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
I wouldn't even get too worked up about this seeings how Cook is not even a "solid" verbal with ISU right now...Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he decommitted between now and the end of summer.

Source? Or do you just talk with no facts.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
This is why I never post things on this site but keep an eye on Marquette's recruiting situation for THIS year and how it will pan out for next year. ISU is the only school to offer Cook thus far but I know FOR A FACT that it won't be his only offer.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
This is why I never post things on this site but keep an eye on Marquette's recruiting situation for THIS year and how it will pan out for next year. ISU is the only school to offer Cook thus far but I know FOR A FACT that it won't be his only offer.

WHy would one of the top players in the state of Wisc only have 1 offer? Please feel free to keep your "secrets" to yourself and not post if its such an ordeal for you.