Ben J. @ UNI and Chris P. @ Boise St

Klonz

Nov 9, 2006
Grimes, IA
So is McD going through the same thing that Hawkins @ Colorado is going through? Meaning - the second dude was really the key to the success of those programs?

Pretty darn close comparison I think.

McD does great at UNI - does poorly in the big league... Jacobson does great.

Hawkins does great at Boise St. does poorly in the big league... Pedersen does great.

big league known as BIG XII!!

Just seems eerily similar!

Edit: I want McD to succeed here!

Go Klonz!

Last edited:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Maybe it is just the fact that the jump to a major conference is a tough one. Mac built that program at UNI.

Toasted40

Feb 23, 2010
Maybe it is just the fact that the jump to a major conference is a tough one. Mac built that program at UNI.

This is correct. Mac built the program at UNI.

But it is more than fair to say that Jake hasn't taken the program to the next level beyond the basics of the foundation that Mac laid.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I've never understood why people think Chris P. and Ben are the masterminds. Let's see how they do at the next level. For all we know, both guys could flop, just like Hawkins and McDermott.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
This is correct. Mac built the program at UNI.

But it is more than fair to say that Jake hasn't taken the program to the next level beyond the basics of the foundation that Mac laid.

What the heck is the next level at UNI?

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Great comparison. I've often said that CU fans are probably wishing that had Peterson instead of Hawkins. After this season of ISU BB it looks like the reason UNI teams look well coached is due to Ben J. We have the poorest passing and defensive fundamental in the conference (and state).

Toasted40

Feb 23, 2010
What the heck is the next level at UNI?

You mean besides regular season championships, and number one seeds in the tourney, and a seed better than 10th in the NCAA?

I love it when Iowa State fans talk about UNI the way Iowa fans talk to us.:no:

It's been like if Iowa State were to ever get a bowl bid above the 6th place slot in the Big 12 affiliations. Hell Last year was like the Alamo Bowl, instead of the Independence Bowl.

We will see what this year is like, so far I am thinking Holiday or Cotton Bowl.

Any more stupid questions?