Tim Floyd ??

LakeHavasu

Mar 27, 2006
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406
The story had it that Tim Floyd's wife hated Ames. She wanted the big city, Chicago, LA, etc. With a possible coaching vacancy would Tim & his wife consider coming back to Central Iowa?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We could play the non conference schedule on the road in the South and go to Hawaiii to help persuade her. Just show up in Jan for conference.:jimlad:

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
No, Tim has a better job now. He will likely soon have another HC gig in the NBA. Besides, I don't think he would even be considered.

His wife didn't "hate" Ames, but it definitely wasn't her 1st pick of places to live. From what I know they were both very happy in Pasadena.

With all that said, I would welcome him back with open arms and a tear running down my cheek.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
If you would like me to decipher please let me know but I think it's time to quote the great Led Zeppelin in Stairway to Heaven as to whether or not we should hire any of our great former coaches: "If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now, It's just a spring clean for the May queen. Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run there's still time to change the road you're on. And it makes me wonder."

Tazzels

Aug 22, 2006
'72 Winnebago
Tim Floyd and Larry Eustachy were not long term solutions in the past and will not be the future.

Floyd: ISU was a stepping stone for him and he had 3 very good years out of the 4 he was here. He had a revolving door policy with players which I did not like. His worse year was his last year. Tim didn't want to be in Ames any longer than he had too, that was why he hedged on taking the job to begin with. Although, he did help bring in a very good coach to take his place in Eustachy.

Larry was a great coach and could have been a long term solution. He had problems with getting too big, fast and his personal life and alcohol addiction caught up with him. Larry was a great coach and I have tremendous respect for what he accomplished, but deserved to get fired for what he did. He is probably better off personally to have gotten away from it all and started over fresh.

He also had problems with bringing in the right players. I think he thought that he could do with other Jucos what he did with Jamaal Tinsley. His alcohol problems were definately affecting his results in his last 2 years.

I think McDermott still might show us something. I think next year will tell us what they can do.

Just my 2 cents.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Tim Floyd and Larry Eustachy were not long term solutions in the past and will not be the future.

Floyd: ISU was a stepping stone for him and he had 3 very good years out of the 4 he was here. He had a revolving door policy with players which I did not like. His worse year was his last year. Tim didn't want to be in Ames any longer than he had too, that was why he hedged on taking the job to begin with. Although, he did help bring in a very good coach to take his place in Eustachy.

Larry was a great coach and could have been a long term solution. He had problems with getting too big, fast and his personal life and alcohol addiction caught up with him. Larry was a great coach and I have tremendous respect for what he accomplished, but deserved to get fired for what he did. He is probably better off personally to have gotten away from it all and started over fresh.

He also had problems with bringing in the right players. I think he thought that he could do with other Jucos what he did with Jamaal Tinsley. His alcohol problems were definately affecting his results in his last 2 years.

I think McDermott still might show us something. I think next year will tell us what they can do.

Just my 2 cents.

not gonna happen.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
I would love it, but money talks. If Tim is absolved from the USC scandal he will cost a ton. He knows he can win here, and if he were to leave after being successful we just include a huge buyout so we can get someone just as good.

That said, just a pipe dream and no way it happens.

BigCojones

Aug 24, 2009
Ankeny
I would pay decent money just to watch Lucca Staiger survive a Tim Floyd practice...

Can you imagine this team with LE? He wouldn't tolerate all the lack of excution and would probably have an aneurysm from yelling so much or someone would go Latrell sprewell on him.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Can you imagine this team with LE? He wouldn't tolerate all the lack of excution and would probably have an aneurysm from yelling so much or someone would go Latrell sprewell on him.

I remember watching, with my jaw dropped, a practice where Floyd went ballistic on a player (Klay Edwards?) because he wasn't switching his reversible jersey fast enough.
Compare that to Gmac saying that Lucca posting up down low "wasn't his cup of tea."

cy1010

Dec 16, 2009
It's funny how a lot of the same people who complain about a lack of perceived intensity on the part of GM also complain that he is responsible for running guys off (see e.g., telling WJ to man up when the dr. said he was good to go).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron