Andy Katz

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
What does this pillar of journalistic excellence have to say about ISU and GM at this point?

At the beginning of the season he was showering us with “loveâ€￾ as a team that could surprise.

What is he regurgitating now?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Yeah. What a jerk for being the olny one in the country to give us love.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Wait, shove his face in his positive words and then fire him.

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Don't take it out on him that we suck.

If anybody nat'l wants to talk nice about us, we should take it and run. Now we just need to do something. What is it, again?....Oh, WIN A GAME.

It's not Andys fault.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Andy made a "call" that we might be a surprise team in 2010. Big deal.

Our old pal Gregg Doyel made a call that we'd be a surprise team in 2006 - that didn't work out for us either :)

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
What does this pillar of journalistic excellence have to say about ISU and GM at this point?

At the beginning of the season he was showering us with “loveâ€￾ as a team that could surprise.

Well this was a surprise wasnt it. So it looks like he was right.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny

Huh? What is the point of this post?

Katz said we had a chance to be the surprise team of the Big 12. My hopeful side thought we did too. Hell, logically I thought this team had a great chance to be a player in this conference.

He was wrong. I was wrong.

I like Katz....not sure why you posted what you posted...makes it seem like you don't like Katz for some reason and that he predicted Iowa State would be awesome and is now an idiot because we suck...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Unless we make offensive and defensive changes, we will not be a surprise or prize team in 2011.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
On paper he was right. At the beginning of season we had the makings of what should have been a good year.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Katz said we had a chance to be the surprise team of the Big 12. My hopeful side thought we did too. Hell, logically I thought this team had a great chance to be a player in this conference.

I like Katz....not sure why you posted what you posted...makes it seem like you don't like Katz for some reason and that he predicted Iowa State would be awesome and is now an idiot because we suck...

I'd like to know as well. But it is pretty much par for the course in this case.

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines

Yeah, between Katz and Gottlieb, we get a lot more love than we deserve. Or at least a lot more love than anyone else at ESPN gives us. They've always been on our side and usually put ISU in a good light.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006

Simple...the purpose is I want to know what Katz is "reporting" about us now. I think I was pretty clear about that.

No, I am not a big fan of his and I don't hang on his every word...hence I am not going to seek out myself what he is currently saying. I am just curious. Whether he says nice stuff or not about ISU, Katz is a tool that does nothing more than regurgitate what the people he talks to want communicated over the ESPN airwaves...he is a dupe.

Gottlieb, on the other hand, I have a lot of respect for. He is very insightful.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Simple...the purpose is I want to know what Katz is "reporting" about us now. I think I was pretty clear about that.

No, I am not a big fan of his and I don't hang on his every word...hence I am not going to seek out myself what he is currently saying. I am just curious. Whether he says nice stuff or not about ISU, Katz is a tool that does nothing more than regurgitate what the people he talks to want communicated over the ESPN airwaves...he is a dupe.

Gottlieb, on the other hand, I have a lot of respect for. He is very insightful.

uh, aren't reporters supposed to....uh...report? you know, talk to people and quote them?

Gottlieb hosts a radio show and write columns. He's supposed to provide opinions.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

Wow, what did the guy do? Beat you up in junior high for your lunch money? Steal your girlfriend?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Aren't you doing this by asking us to do your leg work? It's the same thing. Just because you aren't reading his stuff directly doesn't mean you aren't seeking out what he is saying.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
uh, aren't reporters supposed to....uh...report? you know, talk to people and quote them?

Gottlieb hosts a radio show and write columns. He's supposed to provide opinions.

Unfortunately, in today's world that is what passes as journalism...nothing more than regurgitating someone's talking points.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron