Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
You hype up something weeks before it happens, tell everyone it's a limited time offer, and say you've contracted with a company especially well-equipped to handle high volume calls and Web site hits. What else would you expect to happen?

I bet typical Monday morning productivity is taking a beating this morning.

st8phan

Nov 7, 2007
Columbia
I've been trying for 35 min. so far and have had no luck even getting the website to load. Phone # has been busy the whole time as well...

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
We took a look this morning because the numbers they were reporting on KCCI made no sense whatsoever. The rebates ranged from $100-$500.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Can anyone get through via the phone or website? I had a feeling they wouldn't be prepared for the onslaught.
I personally know each of the state employees involved with this program. I have worked with each of them for many years. Let me say that this is typical of the type of thinking and planning that they do. I could get political at this point, but I won't.

Everyone has to email or call the governor and the number listed in the information and let them know how this went down for you. I am guessing that there will be such an up roar (no one will be able to get through to the rebate website all day) that they will have to go to plan B.

PS-There is no plan B but one will have to be made up real quick!:biglaugh:

GOODCYZ

Feb 12, 2010
I'e called 100+ times and haven't gotten through. You think they'd build the site so it was capable of handling a higher volume.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
i just called the office of Iowa Energy and she indicated that both the website and the phone line are down due to technical difficulties and that the contractors are working on it.....

Figures, 8 weeks to get it ready for March 1st and our government failed!!!!!

aauummm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
i just called the office of Iowa Energy and she indicated that both the website and the phone line are down due to technical difficulties and that the contractors are working on it.....

The spin will be: Iowa's program was so successful that the system was totally overwhelmed by Iowans who wanted to participate. The people of the State of Iowa are so hungry to participate to help the environment and the economy that no rebate coupons were actually given out. Other states are looking to copy Iowa's program because it was so successful.

Now they have to figure out how to get the rebate coupons out to people without getting sued too much.:biglaugh:

Reactions: CycoCyclone

GOODCYZ

Feb 12, 2010
Before I was getting a computerized voice saying to call back later. Now I'm just getting a busy signal.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
What numbers made no sense?

KCCI on their morning news was saying it would be a $3000 rebate for washing machines, etc. The numbers they were quoting were more than the costs of the actual appliances.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Are you really surprised?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I did find out the rebates will be in the form of a visa check card.

GOODCYZ

Feb 12, 2010
on the Iowa office of Energy independence website:

Due to Iowans overwhelming and proactive response to the Iowa Energy Efficiency Appliance Rebate program web site and toll free number, the system is temporarily down. We are working with our professional contractor to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. We are sorry consumers are experiencing problems and we apologize for this extreme inconvenience. Our contractor works with several states and Fortune 500 companies and will restore services as soon as humanly possible. We are advising all Iowa homeowners to keep trying the web site and toll phone number later today.
Thank you for your patience with this matter

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale

Due to Iowans overwhelming and proactive response to the Iowa Energy Efficiency Appliance Rebate program web site and toll free number, the system is temporarily down. We are working with our professional contractor to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. We are sorry consumers are experiencing problems and we apologize for this extreme inconvenience. Our contractor works with several states and Fortune 500 companies and will restore services as soon as humanly possible. We are advising all Iowa homeowners to keep trying the web site and toll phone number later today.

hahahahaha

suck

aauummm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around

:biglaugh: Spin: Blame the professional contractor!!!