Shutter Island

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Sweet Drama-Thriller flick. I give it an 8 or 9 out of 10. If you haven't seen it, uhhh go. It is solid and will blow your mind. Great plot and is a real thinker. Hence, the "blowing of your own mind" if you will.

Yeah Scorsese!

shutter-island-movie.jpg

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames
I have not seen it yet but I want to. My only comment would be isn't the basis of this that a detective goes to a insane hospital located just outside Boston, and a hurricane hits it while he is there?

I know the first thing I think of regarding Boston, is hurricane season:eek:

Sy4Cy

Sep 1, 2009
Yes the movie is good I had to be talked into it but glad I did go. As for Hurricanes in that part of the country they get them. They also have what they call nor'easters which is kind of like the one in the boat movie with George Clooney I think. I have a horrible memory when its comes to movies so I could be way off.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Sweet Drama-Thriller flick. I give it an 8 or 9 out of 10. If you haven't seen it, uhhh go. It is solid and will blow your mind. Great plot and is a real thinker. Hence, the "blowing of your own mind" if you will.

Yeah Scorsese!

shutter-island-movie.jpg

I read the book a few years ago and it's still one of my all time favorites. Blew me away. Was thrilled when I heard Scorcese was directing. Leo has never been better if you ask me. Great movie, great book

chewbocka

Nov 25, 2009
I saw it last night, did not see the ending turn out the way it did. Looking back it all makes a lot more sense.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Until this thread I hadn't heard that anybody really liked it. Maybe expectations were to high?

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
Liked it. An 8

About 3 posts below this some guy spoils the plot of the movie.

Last edited:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Hated it, but I'm a harsh movie critic. There were people laughing at it as they walked out at the showing I went to.

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
i haven't seen it yet and kinda want too but i'm curious ... is Leo actually a patient and the whole time he doesn't know it? kind of a Sixth Sense ending? thats what it looks like in the trailer.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site

Yeah Scorsese!

shutter-island-movie.jpg

Don't think it'll blow my mind. I haven't seen it yet, but I had it figured out after seeing the trailer for the first time.

Last edited: