cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Ok I finally got my butt out and saw Avatar in 3D tonight. I am literally blown away. I knew it would be good, but I can't believe it hasn't been talked about more. That one movie will change the course of how movies are made.

I have never experienced a feeling like I felt during that movie. It was awe-inspiring. This world seems so surreal right now, I can't even put into words what the movie does to you.

I know that probably comes off sounding a bit strange, but if you haven't seen this movie in 3D you'd best make it a point to. I don't care if this is your type of movie or not, it has changed the course of movie making.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
As far as movies go, it was decent, but I agree that the technology was really amazing. You feel like you're standing their watching the movie unfold in front of you as opposed to on the screen. There were a number of times when I'd catch myself forgetting I was even at the theater.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Ok I finally got my butt out and saw Avatar in 3D tonight. I am literally blown away. I knew it would be good, but I can't believe it hasn't been talked about more. That one movie will change the course of how movies are made.

I have never experienced a feeling like I felt during that movie. It was awe-inspiring. This world seems so surreal right now, I can't even put into words what the movie does to you.

I know that probably comes off sounding a bit strange, but if you haven't seen this movie in 3D you'd best make it a point to. I don't care if this is your type of movie or not, it has changed the course of movie making.

Not talked about more?! Are you living under a rock? I thought it was visually amazing...but let's be honest, it's Pocahontas/Dances With Wolves in space.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
I agree. I was almost disappointed when the movie was over because I had to go back to reality. Definitely one of the best movies I've seen in a long time

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
As far as movies go, it was decent, but I agree that the technology was really amazing. You feel like you're standing their watching the movie unfold in front of you as opposed to on the screen. There were a number of times when I'd catch myself forgetting I was even at the theater.

I thought the storyline was better than most people give it credit for, however, I do agree that it isn't life changing in that regard.

There were numerous times where I felt I was actually part of the movie. It's amazing how the 3D and the way they made that movie move your emotions that way. My whole group came out saying it is the most amazing thing we have ever experienced in our entire lives.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
I thought the storyline was better than most people give it credit for, however, I do agree that it isn't life changing in that regard.

There were numerous times where I felt I was actually part of the movie. It's amazing how the 3D and the way they made that movie move your emotions that way. My whole group came out saying it is the most amazing thing we have ever experienced in our entire lives.

agreed. The movie was good, but the experience was what made it truly phenomenal

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::wink:

Someone has been living under a rock.

For God's sake, the PLO has adopted Avatar as their cause d' celebre.

Freaks in California are painting themselves blue and living under trees because of that stupid movie.

The effects are awesome, but it is nearly word for word "Pocahontas". Crappy movie, good effects.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

Freaks in California are painting themselves blue and living under trees because of that stupid movie.

The effects are awesome, but it is nearly word for word "Pocahontas". Crappy movie, good effects.

Exactly...I found this the other day. It's hilarious and soooo true...

JAMES CAMERON'S AVATAR IS DISNEY'S POCAHONTAS | FilmDrunk: Movie news you can make fun of

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006

Maybe I watch too much SportsCenter (is that possible?), but I really haven't heard much about it other than my friends telling me I needed to go see it.

I understand where you are coming from on storyline, but it was a "happy, feel good" movie. Kind of hard to give those emotions without making it the way they did don't you think? I think there is a reason so many movies seem alike in that regard.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
this movie was so politically charged, its hard to discuss without it being sent to the cave. I enjoyed the effects, didn't care for the movie. And I can't in good conscience contribute any more money to those people than I already have. I won't be seeing it again or buying the DVD..

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I thought plot was lame and I got a little bored waiting for them to fight again so I could see awesome effects.

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida

I don't know what made me go see this movie. The previews and reviews told me it would not be good. I went and, well, the best compliment I can give any theater - live or otherwise - is that it carried me away. From 1 minute into that movie, I was spirited away to Pandora. At the end, I "came to" back in my seat in the theater and it seemed as though about 15 minutes had expired. It is amazing, enchanting and totally enthralling. It will capture you and carry you away. I highly recommend it.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Good movie and will change the way movies are made in the future just like Star Wars (original) and then Jurrasic Park.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I wonder how well that will transfer to DVD/Blue-ray. I'm not big on going to the theater but might have to in this case.
It won't, there's just no way it can at this point. If you're going to see it at some point, do yourself a favor and see it in the theater.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
It won't, there's just no way it can at this point. If you're going to see it at some point, do yourself a favor and see it in the theater.
Exactly. My brother in law went and saw it in 3D first, and then 2D and he said the 2D version was horrible. But with all of the money coming in from the box office, they might not be too concerned about how well it sells in Blu-ray/DVD.

MB4CY

Aug 29, 2009
Norwalk, IA
I guess I've really gotten jaded in my old age, but the movie just didn't bowl me over like so many other people. The fact that it had a predictable, recycled hollywood plot with many of the usual character stereotypes probably didn't help any.

The 3D effects were very good, I'll give it credit there, but I didn't walk out of the theater all geeked out like I did with Star Wars, or even the first Matrix.