Things to do in Lisbon, Portugal

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Next month I have a business trip to Tel Aviv, Israel with a stop on the way back in Lisbon, Portugal for a couple days. I've been to Tel Aviv before, but this will be my first time in Portugal and I want to make the most of my short time there. Has anyone been there before? Are there any "must see" things in or around Lisbon? I'll only have about 6-8 hours of personal time there but I want to see as much as I can.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Next month I have a business trip to Tel Aviv, Israel with a stop on the way back in Lisbon, Portugal for a couple days. I've been to Tel Aviv before, but this will be my first time in Portugal and I want to make the most of my short time there. Has anyone been there before? Are there any "must see" things in or around Lisbon? I'll only have about 6-8 hours of personal time there but I want to see as much as I can.

Spend some time walking the main squares. The castle/fortress which is near provides some great views as its up on the mountain. I also enjoyed walking along the river that runs through the city. These are all in proximity to eachother as I didn't want or need to stray very far.

And no matter what you do, make sure to drink some port (I reccomend as much as possible and maybe even a bottle for me:wink:) and give your tastebuds a treat!

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Shawn, sorry I can't comment about Lisbon.

I couldn't resist asking about that - (what looks like a) - Muskie in your avatar pic. How big is it; what did you use to catch it?

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Sounds like interesting travel - I'm curious what your line of work is.

My job title is Process Development Scientist, which pretty much amounts to developing manufacturing processes for pharmaceutical, food and chemical companies on equipment that my company sells. I also do some training seminars on various solid dosage manufacturing techniques, which is what this trip is centered on.

As for the fish, its actually a Pike, 47", 30 lbs caught on a Rapala Super Shad Rap (perch colored).

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Your job sounds fun...and that fish is huge.

Anyway, just be sure to check out all the Moorish architecture if you like that kind of stuff.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
This is the only help I can offer you.

"Well I never been to Spain
But I kinda like the music
Say the ladies are insane there
And they sure know how to use it
The don’t abuse it
Never gonna lose it
I can’t refuse it."

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
My job title is Process Development Scientist, which pretty much amounts to developing manufacturing processes for pharmaceutical, food and chemical companies on equipment that my company sells. I also do some training seminars on various solid dosage manufacturing techniques, which is what this trip is centered on.

As for the fish, its actually a Pike, 47", 30 lbs caught on a Rapala Super Shad Rap (perch colored).

Shh, your giving away the secret! I've had great luck with the perch SR7.