VLOG: John Walters chimes in on Jared Homan's career

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Must everything be an indictment of the current team?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Must everything be an indictment of the current team?

Yea, seems to be pretty good timing. Homan was a beast, I honestly didn't think there was anyway he could contribute when he first came to ISU but he had the things you can't measure that helped make him in to an all time fan favorite.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Yea, seems to be pretty good timing. Homan was a beast, I honestly didn't think there was anyway he could contribute when he first came to ISU but he had the things you can't measure that helped make him in to an all time fan favorite.

I think you misunderstood what I was getting at. I was trying to say that every "feel-good" post about men's basketball history or the current women's team doesn't have to be reflected back on to the current struggles in MBB. Which seems to be the trend.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I think you misunderstood what I was getting at. I was trying to say that every "feel-good" post about men's basketball history or the current women's team doesn't have to be reflected back on to the current struggles in MBB. Which seems to be the trend.

I agree Kirk. We visioned these pieces to bring the fan base together on a topic.

Toasted40

Feb 23, 2010

Well this feeds into the idea that we have absolutely no basketball tradition. And that the Iowa State men's basketball job is considered career suicide.

The problem is that mentality of we really have never been good was forced down people's throats by those whose agenda is to support the coach over the program. Now, that second class citizen mentality is eroding from unfulfilled promises of yet another season gone bad. People want answers.

Is it fair? Maybe not. But, there is nothing positive about what is going on with Iowa State men's basketball right now, and I mean NOTHING. Add that all of Mac's eggs were put in this basket to show the fanbase that he can get it done, and that next year looks like square one all over again.

It's unfair to think that people shouldn't be upset.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Well this feeds into the idea that we have absolutely no basketball tradition. And that the Iowa State men's basketball job is considered career suicide.

The problem is that mentality of we really have never been good was forced down people's throats by those whose agenda is to support the coach over the program. Now, that second class citizen mentality is eroding from unfulfilled promises of yet another season gone bad. People want answers.

Is it fair? Maybe not. But, there is nothing positive about what is going on with Iowa State men's basketball right now, and I mean NOTHING. Add that all of Mac's eggs were put in this basket to show the fanbase that he can get it done, and that next year looks like square one all over again.

It's unfair to think that people shouldn't be upset.

You're losing me a little bit. People have every right to be upset. I just don't think that every single good thread that gets brought up has to turn into a "damn we suck at basketball" dissertation.

For instace the thread I posted with the game footage from 99-00. Or any thread about the women's basketball team and how the men need to play like them. The team has struggled big time this year and we're all ticked over it. Do we really need to turn every thread into the same thing?

Toasted40

Feb 23, 2010
You're losing me a little bit. People have every right to be upset. I just don't think that every single good thread that gets brought up has to turn into a "damn we suck at basketball" dissertation.

For instace the thread I posted with the game footage from 99-00. Or any thread about the women's basketball team and how the men need to play like them. The team has struggled big time this year and we're all ticked over it. Do we really need to turn every thread into the same thing?

I agree that not every thread needs to be the same thing. In fact I think that a lot of us could use a break from basketball.

It has been so sad that people who are real fans of Iowa State allow this to bleed into every part of their life. People want to win, people want Iowa State to win. The people who own this site should thank the Good Lord Above EVERY day that this is the case. It isn't a long way to people becoming so indifferent that the internet becomes a chore.

We don't need "insiders" on here laughing at people who are upset.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron