TV Series

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I am in the middle of season 2 of Dexter. This show is freaking awesome. It is actually probably my favorite. LOST is good but the past few seasons I have kind of lost interest because of all the time travel ****. What are some of your guys favorite series?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Dexter is awesome. I did seasons 1-2 on netflix, bought the s3 blu ray, and am a few episodes into s4.

Other than that:

Battlestar Galactica
The Office

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Arrested Development
The Venture Brothers
Psych
Futurama

and Archer is pretty darn good as well.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
The only stuff I watch on TV anymore besides sporting events are...

LOST, Heroes, Pawn Stars (funny show), Bizarre Foods, No Reservations, random crap on history channel.

Former shows...Arrested Development. Such a hilarious show.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Oh yeah, I'll probably get blasted for it, but Stargate SG-1 was a very good show. It ran for 10 seasons, so there's tons of episodes.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I have so much to watch. All of the Sopranoes, all of 24, all of House, Most of It's Always Sunny, some Entourage. This will take me years.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Dexter is great, like the Tudors on Showtime as well.

HBO/Showtime have had a good series or two.

Band of Brothers was a kind of a miniseries.
Rome was awesome.
Of course there is Flight of the Conchords
Eastbound and Down
and I really enjoy The Life and Times of Tim.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I have so much to watch. All of the Sopranoes, all of 24, all of House, Most of It's Always Sunny, some Entourage. This will take me years.

Unless you get rich with tons of time on your hand and all you want to do is watch TV :wink:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Oh yeah, I'll probably get blasted for it, but Stargate SG-1 was a very good show. It ran for 10 seasons, so there's tons of episodes.

It was good, but at some point it defitely jumped the shark.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I am still bitter about Carnivale getting cancelled.

That was a while ago, wasn't it?

I remember watching The Larry Sanders Show, Dream On, and Tales from the Crypt on HBO back in the day. Of those three, only Larry Sanders had held up well. The others two? Not so much.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
That was a while ago, wasn't it?

I remember watching The Larry Sanders Show, Dream On, and Tales from the Crypt on HBO back in the day. Of those three, only Larry Sanders had held up well. The others two? Not so much.

yeah, Carnivale was probably about 4 years ago

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
It was good, but at some point it defitely jumped the shark.

Yeah, but I think overall speaking, great series. Lots of good stuff, especially in the earlier ones. The last season..meh but then again they changed almost the entire cast for some reason.

Here's another one: The first 2 or 3 seasons of Sliders.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Unless you get rich with tons of time on your hand and all you want to do is watch TV :wink:

Exactly. I guess if having too much to watch is my worst problem I am in good shape.

Also, I am really beginning to hate Dexter's sister.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yeah, but I think overall speaking, great series. Lots of good stuff, especially in the earlier ones. The last season..meh but then again they changed almost the entire cast for some reason.

Here's another one: The first 2 or 3 seasons of Sliders.

yeah, I'm not sure if I can agree with you, there. Jerry O'Connell's suckiness cancels out any positives that john rhys-davies can provide. Don't get me wrong, I am a big Sallah fan, but this is Jerry O'Connel we're talking about. Tomcats, Buying the Cow, Kangaroo Jack. The man is like the opposite of King Midas. Everything he touches just turns to ****.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
yeah, I'm not sure if I can agree with you, there. Jerry O'Connell's suckiness cancels out any positives that john rhys-davies can provide. Don't get me wrong, I am a big Sallah fan, but this is Jerry O'Connel we're talking about. Tomcats, Buying the Cow, Kangaroo Jack. The man is like the opposite of King Midas. Everything he touches just turns to ****.

He's a weird actor, but...I think everything else in the first few seasons was fine. John Rhys-Davies is hilarious in about everything he does ever.

Now, if we're talking about the last few seasons of Sliders, well ROFL...they ruined the show but some of the alternate worlds in the first few seasons are pretty cool/interesting.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Just saw Rob Zombie is doing another episode of CSI: Miami and Mark Madsen is guest starring. Not a big fan of that show but might have to tune in to that one.

JohnnyAppleseed

Nov 30, 2008
Lost, Community, The Office, Entourage, Dexter, Always Sunny, The League...but in my opinion, funniest show is Curb Your Enthusiasm. The past season it was in top form.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Mad Men
Dexter
Weeds
Entourage
Breaking Bad
Friday Night Lights
Always Sunny
The League
HIMYM