Hilton Beer Pong Table

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
My roommate and I made this back in August before school started. I'd been meaning to put pictures up at the time but never got around to it. We had it out last night so before I put it away today I took a few pictures. I took them from my phone so the pictures aren't great quality.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
I like it. One of the nicer tables I've seen. I currently just have one of the portable ones but I always wanted to make my own, just didn't know how to do the paint job on it as I am not very artistic....:no:

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
My roommate and I made this back in August before school started. I'd been meaning to put pictures up at the time but never got around to it. We had it out last night so before I put it away today I took a few pictures. I took them from my phone so the pictures aren't great quality.

How much would you charge to build me one? :smile:

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
I like it. One of the nicer tables I've seen. I currently just have one of the portable ones but I always wanted to make my own, just didn't know how to do the paint job on it as I am not very artistic....:no:

It took a very long time. We spent probably 2 to 3 days working on it. We actually measured everything and tried to make it as proportional as we could. There are hinges on the back side too so we can fold it up. We just lay it on our kitchen table and it works pretty well.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
you forgot that theres two three point lines. one for men, one for women duh! :wink:

yea, we considered it but we like the way it looks now.

How much would you charge to build me one? :smile:

We thought about doing that, but then we realized how long it took us to do it. I'd say all in all it took probably 30 hours to do. We were pretty meticulous. It started as a piece of plywood. We sanded it down and put a coating of some kind of primer on it so the paint wouldn't bleed. For the Yellow writing on the side and ends we printed out the text using the actual font (my roommate has the font on his computer) and then we cut out the letters using a knife and taped the "stencil" down on the board and painted over it. We had to do a ton of touch up. The logo was by far the hardest part and took us the longest. We measured and taped the I, but we free handed the STATE (other than measuring where it should start and end). My roommate did the Big XII logos in the paint all by himself. For the BIG XII CONFERENCE text in the ribbon of the big 12 logo he dipped a pen in the paint and wrote it on carefully. After we were done we put sealer on it so the beer wouldn't ruin it.

When we originally started working on it we didn't have any intention of making it look that good, but once we got started it looked pretty awesome so we put more and more work into it and it got more and more detailed. It was fun and we've gotten some decent use out of it, but I probably wouldn't be do it again any time soon after how long it took us.

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
How did you get the font? Can you share? I tried to get it from the athletic department a while back but they said they couldn't release it.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
is that billy sunday rd? and if so, is it bad that i recognize it from the pics in the inside of your apt?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
There is a PDF file on Cyclones.com with all the letters on it. You can blow it up. Instead of making stencils another thing you can do is just trace right on the letters with a dull pencil and push down hard, it will make a small engraving on the wood which is really easy to paint.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Wow, I'm an idiot. When I read the title of this thread a couple hours ago, I could have sworn it said, "Hitler Beer Pong Table". Needless to say, I didn't open it. But ya that table looks awesome.