Apathy

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
The word has been thrown around a lot here on CF and I understand how people can be apathetic, but I do not understand how you can blame the team. You make the decision to care or not, do not blame the players who whether you want to believe it or not are busting there butts to end the season on a good note, no one likes losing.

Its not like McD likes losing, the OSU game is living proof that this team is not one that quits, so please support this team because they are busting their tails for you...

Reactions: bawbie

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
When people are posting their frustratoin, that is not Apathy, when they stop posting about our lack of success or worse yet don't go to games, that is Apathy.

Unfortunately, Apathy is coming. People won't take 5 years of losing with out hope and keep showing up to the games or to this site to talk about it. Don't blame the fans, blame the results.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I agree with you. I think we all lose sight of the fact that as much as we are ****** we are not winning, Mac and the team care much much more. As far as the apathy argument, I think it is setting in with some but I think as long as your are ****** and want it to change you are not apathetic.

Reactions: kkise

kkise

Jun 25, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I agree with you. I think we all lose sight of the fact that as much as we are ****** we are not winning, Mac and the team care much much more. As far as the apathy argument, I think it is setting in with some but I think as long as your are ****** and want it to change you are not apathetic.
I think this point is lost on some people.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
I certainly understand the players and coaches want to win, I also understand that is not happening, and being realistic about the situation, does not seem likely to happen in the forseeable future. A lot of bad luck for sure - but its the total resume at ISU many fans are unhappy about.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
I don't care anymore about this team, what is their idenity? Going down big, come storming back, to lose by a respectable margin? Give me something to hang my cyclone pride on, boards, scrappy, up-tempo, defence, great half-court slow game, physical, shoot the lights out, ect,...... This team is an egnima. And next year we will be starting all over again, almost like year 1.2.

But be sure next year I will get my hopes up and watch with baited breath, and be excited for the possibilities of the year to come. Does that make me a bad fan? I don't think so, it makes me human.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Apathy has set in for me, not because of this team playing hard or not, but rather, because there is no hope for buying out Mac's contact and I fear more of the same results next year. I hope that I am wrong, but I doubt it.

Reactions: CYVADER

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Next year looks like more of the same. Do we have a take charge person who can score in a pinch? The other team dictates to us how games end.

Reactions: Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Next year looks like more of the same. Do we have a take charge person who can score in a pinch? The other team dictates to us how games end.

It doesn't seem to me that anyone wants to be that guy. I think they are all scared to lose the game for the team instead of being excited to win it. The one person I think who would be willing to take the shot or try to make the play is a freshman.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
If they care so much why don't they hit the weight room and put on some muscle? The only player I see that has really done that is Boozer, and he is hurt. Why don't they practice free throws or lay-ups? They flat out stink at both. Why don't they run practices where all they do is man up and play defense like no other?

I can blame the coach and the players, and I am ashamed of both of them. I have seen next to nothing to show that they are working very hard to improve themselves to play basketball and get a free education at a great institution as they should be.

I seriously think I put in more sweat and effort as a high school athlete. And no, I don't think I was all that special but I busted my tail to become better. I have yet to see that at ISU out of a full team. Maybe Petey and Haluska because they had to just to see the floor. Most the rest? Soft like the coach.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
If they care so much why don't they hit the weight room and put on some muscle? The only player I see that has really done that is Boozer, and he is hurt. Why don't they practice free throws or lay-ups? They flat out stink at both. Why don't they run practices where all they do is man up and play defense like no other?

I can blame the coach and the players, and I am ashamed of both of them. I have seen next to nothing to show that they are working very hard to improve themselves to play basketball and get a free education at a great institution as they should be.

I seriously think I put in more sweat and effort as a high school athlete.
And no, I don't think I was all that special but I busted my tail to become better. I have yet to see that at ISU out of a full team. Maybe Petey and Haluska because they had to just to see the floor. Most the rest? Soft like the coach.

I take you go to every practice. You seem to know what they do and don't do.

No, you didn't. Not by a long shot.

IMO you are out of line by saying they are not putting forth effort.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
I reached the apathy stage last year. I've only seen parts of three games this year, but it sure didn't look like Mac cared too much in those games. Does he ever get upset, get out of his seat to yell at the refs or fire up his players? I haven't seen it, but as I said, I've only seen a few games. What's the point when the same scrpt plays out over and over?

The Mook

Jun 26, 2008
Ankeny, IA
www.twitter.com

I slightly disagree ... they THINK they are, but they aren't. Granted, I'm not at practice either but they do not play with the toughness, agressiveness and tenacity that I think it takes to win. They are soft, period.

I have still have a tape of the 2000 team in an LE practice and I GUARANTEE that they don't practice, and I KNOW that they don't play like that team did.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I slightly disagree ... they THINK they are, but they aren't. Granted, I'm not at practice either but they do not play with the toughness, agressiveness and tenacity that I think it takes to win. They are soft, period.

I have still have a tape of the 2000 team in an LE practice and I GUARANTEE that they don't practice, and I KNOW that they don't play like that team did.

I don't disagree with that really. If you think you are going hard there is no room to go. That is the coaches job. This team is soft, definitely. There are a couple guys that aren't but overall they are.

Honestly, toughness and tenacity is something that can be turned around relatively quickly IMO. If Mac can figure out how to change that, I think that would make a bigger difference than any strategy changes or gameplan changes or whatever. These guys have got to want to be tough though. I think most of them do want to be tough, they just haven't practiced it.

My point was I think it is a little out of line to accuse them of purposely not working hard.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

They put out effort, it is just that we have so many stupid plays to short circuit their efforts.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA

Have you been to every practice? If not, then you can't say that they are putting in the effort. I don't know how hard they work or don't work, all I know is that they have a player that was a potential lottery pick last year and another that people seem to think will be an NBA player and they can't beat mediocre teams. That is either horrible coaching, players that don't care, or both.

Either way, why should people be expected to toe the company line and say all is fine? All is not fine. Every losing year makes it that much more difficult to get back to levels fans became used to.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa

This right here.

Name a player that has toughened up much at all?

We get pushed all over the court.

JO, TF and LE would all be ashamed of this team's effort on and off the court. Heck, I bet even Wayne Morgan is telling them to play a little D if he ever catches an ISU game.

Ham and Boozer are the only players that are not soft. Period. I know we want to like them and the truth hurts, but our team and coach are pathetic. And I refuse to wallow in the crap. Time for JP to clean house or get out himself. This is going to get even uglier if he doesn't.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
This right here.

JO, TF and LE would all be ashamed of this team's effort on and off the court. Heck, I bet even Wayne Morgan is telling them to play a little D if he ever catches an ISU game.

Ham and Boozer are the only players that are not soft. Period. I know we want to like them and the truth hurts, but our team and coach are pathetic. And I refuse to wallow in the crap. Time for JP to clean house or get out himself. This is going to get even uglier if he doesn't.

I don't think CC or Scotty are soft.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Have you been to every practice? If not, then you can't say that they are putting in the effort. I don't know how hard they work or don't work, all I know is that they have a player that was a potential lottery pick last year and another that people seem to think will be an NBA player and they can't beat mediocre teams. That is either horrible coaching, players that don't care, or both.

Either way, why should people be expected to toe the company line and say all is fine? All is not fine. Every losing year makes it that much more difficult to get back to levels fans became used to.

Nobody said that all was fine. It is far from it.

I also was not the one throwing accusations out. If you are going to accuse someone of not practicing or working hard off the court you better have something.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
This right here.

Are you saying we are a finesse team playing with no finesse?:wink: