Tiger

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
The AP doesn't think that Tiger gets it. I don't think that anybody realizes that Tiger really controls the sports world. Like it or not, Tiger will determine the rest of his career. Not allegations or rumors, or anything. Tiger will start dominating again in a few months, and this will all just be dust in the wind...but we'll let the media think they have any influence for now...

Tiger doesn't understand he's not in charge - Yahoo! News

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
"It's selfish," Els told Golfweek magazine. "You can write that. I feel sorry for the sponsor. Mondays are a good day to make statements, not Friday. This takes a lot away from the golf tournament."

I like Els telling it how it is. Yes Tiger has brought a lot of attention to golf and a lot of money to the game. However this game has been going on for a century now and it will go on for the next century without him. He needs to respect the game, like he should have respected his family. Jack and Arnold should put Tiger over their knee and spank him like a little child, because that is exactly how he is acting.

Tiger is a piece of **** and the rest of the world is seeing it finally. This is week is one of the biggest weeks of the golf season and now he wants to hold a press conference during the middle of it????? Hey *** hole, why didn't you do this a month ago instead of taking the light away from your "friends" (if you have any left).

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
"It's selfish," Els told Golfweek magazine. "You can write that. I feel sorry for the sponsor. Mondays are a good day to make statements, not Friday. This takes a lot away from the golf tournament."

I like Els telling it how it is. Yes Tiger has brought a lot of attention to golf and a lot of money to the game. However this game has been going on for a century now and it will go on for the next century without him. He needs to respect the game, like he should have respected his family. Jack and Arnold should put Tiger over their knee and spank him like a little child, because that is exactly how he is acting.

Tiger is a piece of **** and the rest of the world is seeing it finally. This is week is one of the biggest weeks of the golf season and now he wants to hold a press conference during the middle of it????? Hey *** hole, why didn't you do this a month ago instead of taking the light away from your "friends" (if you have any left).

Haha, you guys do know that Tiger consulted Accenture before doing this right? They are the sponsors of the tournament. When do you want him to do it so it doesn't affect any tournament? It will affect whatever is going on that week. It is funny some think it won't if he does it on a Monday or something.

If Tiger hadn't come to golf this sport would be the same place it was in 1995. He brought so much money to the sport it isn't even funny yet some won't even acknowledge it. Had it not been for Tiger, the golf world would have been focused on Ernie sucking hind tit the last 3 years after he said he thought he could overtake the #1 spot.

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
Haha, you guys do know that Tiger consulted Accenture before doing this right? They are the sponsors of the tournament. When do you want him to do it so it doesn't affect any tournament? It will affect whatever is going on that week. It is funny some think it won't if he does it on a Monday or something.

If Tiger hadn't come to golf this sport would be the same place it was in 1995. He brought so much money to the sport it isn't even funny yet some won't even acknowledge it. Had it not been for Tiger, the golf world would have been focused on Ernie sucking hind tit the last 3 years after he said he thought he could overtake the #1 spot.

good points, i think he does need to come out and just tell everyone what happened and just set the record straight. i think people are more interested because he tries to keep everything a secret, if he would just open up and acknowledge everything he did he would be forgiven faster.

...and have a real press conference and not whatever he is having is called

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
good points, i think he does need to come out and just tell everyone what happened and just set the record straight. i think people are more interested because he tries to keep everything a secret, if he would just open up and acknowledge everything he did he would be forgiven faster.

...and have a real press conference and not whatever he is having is called

Well the press got what they had coming. Tiger runs them not the other way around. There is a reason the good golf writers were not talking about this. They don't want to be left in the dark when he decides to talk.

Reactions: AlleyAddict

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
Well the press got what they had coming. Tiger runs them not the other way around. There is a reason the good golf writers were not talking about this. They don't want to be left in the dark when he decides to talk.

agreed, they made WAY too much of a circus out of this whole thing, but i like pre-crash tiger too much to want him to become an outcast like barry bonds did when he refused to come clean.

not that steroids and infidelity are in the same ballpark, but i think its an acceptable comparison.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
agreed, they made WAY too much of a circus out of this whole thing, but i like pre-crash tiger too much to want him to become an outcast like barry bonds did when he refused to come clean.

not that steroids and infidelity are in the same ballpark, but i think its an acceptable comparison.

Violation wise they are both cheating, the difference is Tiger didn't cheat what made him famous. Tiger also has a lot more charisma and will be able to work the press.

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
Violation wise they are both cheating, the difference is Tiger didn't cheat what made him famous. Tiger also has a lot more charisma and will be able to work the press.

i just hope hes back for the masters, win or lose for him, its a win for the PGA

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
i just hope hes back for the masters, win or lose for him, its a win for the PGA

He will be, if for no other reason because it will be the most controlled environment there is. There will be no heckling and there will be limited press. If you have ever been there you know what I mean.

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
He will be, if for no other reason because it will be the most controlled environment there is. There will be no heckling and there will be limited press. If you have ever been there you know what I mean.

i just hope he doesnt try to go back next week in scottsdale where theyre crazy

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

I know this is off topic, and don't intend to derail the thread, but I for one wish there was never a Tiger Woods and we were still "in the same place it was in 1995".

I'm sick and tired of playing golf behind hacks who take waaaaaay too long to hit 20 yard, duck hooks off the tee, followed by 6 worm burners before taking forever 'lining up' 3 putts, only to NOT have the golf knowledge or etiquette to let a group who's playing up their *** play through.

Most out there these days are only there because of Tiger. Maybe now that their inspiration is a confirmed dbag, they'll stop playing and the courses will open up.

Sorry...had to vent. Rant over.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I know this is off topic, and don't intend to derail the thread, but I for one wish there was never a Tiger Woods and we were still "in the same place it was in 1995".

I'm sick and tired of playing golf behind hacks who take waaaaaay too long to hit 20 yard, duck hooks off the tee, followed by 6 worm burners before taking forever 'lining up' 3 putts, only to NOT have the golf knowledge or etiquette to let a group who's playing up their *** play through.

Most out there these days are only there because of Tiger. Maybe now that their inspiration is a confirmed dbag, they'll stop playing and the courses will open up.

Sorry...had to vent. Rant over.

That's funny but then they would be doing it because of Phil or Sergio or someone like that. Tiger did not cause that.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
CHICAGO - Tiger Woods' image may be tarnished after admitting to marital infidelities, but most Americans would support him representing the country on a U.S. Olympic golf team.
Sixty-nine percent of Americans polled by Seton Hall University said they would have no problem with Woods, on an indefinite leave from his sport, trying to win a medal for the United States when golf becomes an Olympic sport.
In October, the International Olympic Committee added golf to the Olympic schedule, starting with the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro. Woods had campaigned for the sport's inclusion at the Olympics.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron