Shut up about Wayne Morgan

Jan 3, 2010
Norwalk
Will posters stop bringing up Wayne Morgan's mediocre career? We are all frustrated with this season but using revisionist history about how good of a coach he was is not helping anyone. Don't forget his downfalls, violations and a majority of ISU fans calling for change when he was coach.

But this thread is not to rip Morgan - it is simply me begging you to stop bringing him up. We need to focus on Mcdermott and/or the future. Bringing up Morgan over and over again is like going through your ex girlfriends facebook photos and fuming at pictures of her kissing her new boyfriend. Don't do it to yourself - especially in a public forum.

Reactions: CYdTracked

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Will posters stop bringing up Wayne Morgan's mediocre career? We are all frustrated with this season but using revisionist history about how good of a coach he was is not helping anyone. Don't forget his downfalls, violations and a majority of ISU fans calling for change when he was coach.

But this thread is not to rip Morgan - it is simply me begging you to stop bringing him up. We need to focus on Mcdermott and/or the future. Bringing up Morgan over and over again is like going through your ex girlfriends facebook photos and fuming at pictures of her kissing her new boyfriend. Don't do it to yourself - especially in a public forum.

I was going to read this post, then I read your username and got a bit confused and a bit disturbed....

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
can_of_worms.png

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
He was better than Mac, one 2nd round tourny apperance, an NIT final 4, and bringing in alot more big 12 caliber players dont lie. Just Sayin'

Reactions: coachdags

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Future for McD? Ah, the rub.That is the question.

His best out at this point is to show passion on the sideline, fight for the players instead of being complacent like he would prefer to be. Tonight was a good start. The T was very appropriate so that he could hunt down that weasel ref the rest of the game. Well planned and timely IMO.

Ham is now our team leader: he is the most consistent with his oplay and is the person willing to take a charge.

The game was lost because we had no go to person at the end and they were stepping up their defense.

At least we scored more than one three.

As for the future? More of the same.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Mac will not be the coach after next season. I really don't care what anybody says. We probably win 8-12 games next year. JP will have to get rid of him. I know the money situation, but it has to and will happen. It is to the point where we can't even win at home against average teams.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor

First off....WAY BETTER CAREER(in fewer games) than McD!!!!
Secondly....What Violations....last I knew, there were none.(Welcome to prove me wrong)
And Third.......yes I'm ****** off tonight and taking it out on you, no offense, but open your eyes. Morgan>>>>>McDermott, period point blank. Better recruiter, better coach, and most certainly more passionate. Tired of people ripping Morgan over nothing more than winning games and doing the same that ALOT of major schools do with hiring "scheduling coordinators". We never suffered any violations from NCAA and until someone proves to me that the man was "crooked", I'll stick by him and his proven record!!!

Reactions: twojman

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
First off....WAY BETTER CAREER(in fewer games) than McD!!!!
Secondly....What Violations....last I knew, there were none.(Welcome to prove me wrong)
And Third.......yes I'm ****** off tonight and taking it out on you, no offense, but open your eyes. Morgan>>>>>McDermott, period point blank. Better recruiter, better coach, and most certainly more passionate. Tired of people ripping Morgan over nothing more than winning games and doing the same that ALOT of major schools do with hiring "scheduling coordinators". We never suffered any violations from NCAA and until someone proves to me that the man was "crooked", I'll stick by him and his proven record!!!

+1 Million!

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Why'd we lose a pair of scholarships then?

Wasn't that because of all the transfers after Wayne was let go? Or was that because of the attrition from the end of the LE era and a couple of guys Wayne missed out on?

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor

I've not heard that till now and if true was that of Wayne's doing or something else. AND for that matter, I'd rather have that than player after player after player, well you get the idea, leaving year after year after year, well you get the idea. Isn't that just a "waste" of schollies instead of the loss of them?? I'd rather get them back eventually then continue to waste them on guys who don't want to stay.

Reactions: WalkingCY

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC

Yes, the mediocre career that consisted of going to an NIT Final 4, and then the second round of the NCAA tournament in only three seasons. The mediocre career that never produced a losing season.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

You know that, it's APR issues based largely on the exodus after Morgan was fired. APR issues do not equal violations and you know it.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
He was better than Mac, one 2nd round tourny apperance, an NIT final 4, and bringing in alot more big 12 caliber players dont lie. Just Sayin'

Be that as it may. Yeah, he may have been better than Greg. But, that's like saying that Regular Coke was better than New Coke. Regular was a little better than New. They're still pretty much the same, but neither are that great...

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Be that as it may. Yeah, he may have been better than Greg. But, that's like saying that Regular Coke was better than New Coke. Regular was a little better than New. They're still pretty much the same, but neither are that great...
True. But, if you add some rum to the mix, it makes them both great. And in this case, rum being wins. :laugh:

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
the same people ripping mac are the same people that were ripping morgan years ago. while i know there is much more evidence that mac will fail here, i still have hope. I think he has figured out (while late) but better late than never the talent that it takes to win in the big 12. We are getting closer, maybe not w and Ls but talent wise. we are only 1 combo guard away from being an ncaa tourney team.

Mac didn't just forget how to coach.

I didn't support Danny Mac, I didn't support Wayne Morgan, but i really think mac will get it done.

...now rip my head off

Reactions: CycloneErik

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
the same people ripping mac are the same people that were ripping morgan years ago. while i know there is much more evidence that mac will fail here, i still have hope. I think he has figured out (while late) but better late than never the talent that it takes to win in the big 12. We are getting closer, maybe not w and Ls but talent wise. we are only 1 combo guard away from being an ncaa tourney team.

Mac didn't just forget how to coach.

I didn't support Danny Mac, I didn't support Wayne Morgan, but i really think mac will get it done.

...now rip my head off

Please don't lump me in that group. I loved Wayne Morgan and it was a sad day for me when he was fired :no:

You think Mac will get it done? He's 16-42 in Big 12 play (not to mention he was like 1-8 against the Big 12 while at UNI)....how do you think he'll seriously get it done with a 16-42 record after almost four straight seasons?

His conference records counting Big 12 Tournament:
6-11
4-13
4-13
2-9 (currently)

two straight 23.5% winning seasons (18% so far this year). Here are the last times we had a winning pct at most in the 20s or lower:

2001-02: 25%
1993-94: 28.6%
1980-81: 14%
1976-77: 21.4%
1975-76: 21.4%
1974-75: 28.6%
1970-71: 16.7%
1958-59: 28.6%
1953-54: 16.7%
1950-51: 25%
1949-50: 16.7%

Yes, that means since 1950, we've only had 6 worse seasons than the last two seasons (three counting this season so far). And you still want to give this guy a chance?

It's funny because wayne morgan's WORST year, is greg mcdermott's best year.

Last edited: