AF1 renamed AFL, first NFL Network GOTW in Des Moines

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
There was a press conference today about the Arena Football 1 league.

Big news is that the league has been renamed, rebranded to the Arena Football League. The AF1 purchased all of the assets of the AFL in bankruptcy court. It does seem in my opinion to give this reincarnated arena league better continuity and prestige. Hopefully the past few years will just seem to be a burp instead of a break.

The other big news is that the VERY FIRST NFL Network AFL Game of the Week will be broadcast from Wells Fargo Arena on April 2, 2010. They moved the date from Saturday to Friday to accommodate the television coverage. The Barnstormers will be facing the Chicago Rush.

If you haven't considered season tickets yet, please do. This is a huge development and tickets are a bargain! We have SWEET SWEET seats in the 6th row for $216 apiece for a season tickets.

http://twitter.com/iabarnstormers/status/9244463160

http://twitter.com/iabarnstormers/status/9245096532

Last edited:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
There was a press conference today about the Arena Football 1 league.

Big news is that the league has been renamed, rebranded to the Arena Football League. The AF1 purchased all of the assets of the AFL in bankruptcy court. It does seem in my opinion to give this reincarnated arena league better continuity and prestige. Hopefully the past few years will just seem to be a burp instead of a break.

The other big news is that the VERY FIRST NFL Network AFL Game of the Week will be broadcast from Wells Fargo Arena on April 2, 2010. They moved the date from Saturday to Friday to accommodate the television coverage. The Barnstormers will be facing the Chicago Rush.

If you haven't considered season tickets yet, please do. This is a huge development and tickets are a bargain! We have SWEET SWEET seats in the 6th row for $216 apiece for a season tickets.

I don't buy season tickets just because I know I'll end missing some games being out of towns for weddings and such, but I'll be there April 2nd and I'm REALLY excited for this season. More so than others, now that it's the top rung of Arena Football.

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
The Barnstormers home games will be televised on the NFL Network on the following dates:

Friday, April 2nd vs Chicago Rush 7:05PM
Friday, May 21st vs Arizona Rattlers 7:05PM
Friday, July 16th vs Spokane Shock 7:05PM

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The Barnstormers home games will be televised on the NFL Network on the following dates:

Friday, April 2nd vs Chicago Rush 7:05PM
Friday, May 21st vs Arizona Rattlers 7:05PM
Friday, July 16th vs Spokane Shock 7:05PM

I'm excited about being able to watch the road game in Orlando.

IMO, it's a pretty big honor for Des Moines to get the opening kick off.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
I'm excited about being able to watch the road game in Orlando.

IMO, it's a pretty big honor for Des Moines to get the opening kick off.

Agreed, with all the success the previous go around, the Barnstormers are like the "Heritage" team of the AFL.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
ESPN - The Arena Football League is already looking to add teams in Philadelphia, Southern California, Denver and Pittsburgh.

The AFL has been reborn under new leadership after folding last year.

Commissioner Jerry Kurz said on a conference call Wednesday that the league has had serious negotiations to place teams in the above markets beginning with the 2011 season.

mikedp

Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
Took son to first Bairnstormer game last year, ended up taking him to 5 games and had car load of boys invited to go. Exciting - clean fun to get you in the mood for fall football. Games are good, time with son PRICELESS, Ordered season tickets this year. Go Todd Blythe and Barnstormers

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Agreed, with all the success the previous go around, the Barnstormers are like the "Heritage" team of the AFL.

The Packers of the AFL, if you will. Smaller market (well, who are we kidding, Milwaukee is the reason GB still has a team) with a passionate fan base.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
that would be nice. is the nfl network like the BTN and they want to be on basic?

That's what the NFL Network initially wanted, but they and Comcast settled and NFL Network is on Comcast's digital package.

I recall that Comcast was one of the first major providers to settle with Big 10 Network and others soon follow. I thought this would be the case with NFL Network, but they and Time Warner are still going at it.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
This is exciting news! Barnstormer's games are a blast. This will be my 3rd season as a season ticketholder, I'd highly recommend! I usually can only make about half of the games, but never have any problem getting rid of them at face value. It helps when you get in with a group of people because it seems like there are always games that someone in our group want a few extra tix.

This certainly helps bridge the gap until fall FB season.