Iowa/ISU considering home and home wrestling series each year

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Re: Iowa/ISU considering home and home series each year

I think this is a great idea, it's a lot better than watching them wrestle some random squad. The more top 10 teams we face the better in my opinion.

Hawk4Life24

Jun 1, 2006

I imagine if the coaches agree to it they will probably wrestle twice a year. Each school will see a benefit in terms of the revenue generated from hosting a match.

One thing that will need to be worked out is determining which match will be the Cy-Hawk Series match. For instance this upcoming season would be ISU's turn to host and be the official point match.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

I imagine if the coaches agree to it they will probably wrestle twice a year. Each school will see a benefit in terms of the revenue generated from hosting a match.

One thing that will need to be worked out is determining which match will be the Cy-Hawk Series match. For instance this upcoming season would be ISU's turn to host and be the official point match.

They may make both events a Cy-Hawk Series match. They did that with gymnastics recently.

isumellie

May 18, 2006
Waukee, IA

If they wrestle twice in one year it would should eb that both contribute to the Cy-Hawk Series. They already do that with gymnastics this last year and other sports like women's swimming in the past.