Stinnet and Dunson

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
I always liked Dodie. What was the whole story on why he left? I know it had to do with something acedemic.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
I always liked Dodie. What was the whole story on why he left? I know it had to do with something acedemic.

The only thing I have ever heard is that he has a learning disability and ISU was unable to meet his needs. It seems plausible enough in some ways, but I can't fathom why ISU was unable to help him along but Bradley is. Probably something somewhere along those lines though.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
The only thing I have ever heard is that he has a learning disability and ISU was unable to meet his needs. It seems plausible enough in some ways, but I can't fathom why ISU was unable to help him along but Bradley is. Probably something somewhere along those lines though.

Accurate...and most can't.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Meaning there was something more to the academic situation? Or Dunson's situation in general?

Absolutely nowhere to put academicly challenged players at ISU...Not sure what the exact year(Morgan era) was, but they revamped the programs where they were putting all the athletes in. I think the most popular was sociology...

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Meaning there was something more to the academic situation? Or Dunson's situation in general?

I was always told it was academic related and that's it.

Clearly not an issue with Mac (IMO), as during the Bradley game Mac and Dunson had a nice little chat in which both were clearly happy to see each other.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Absolutely nowhere to put academicly challenged players at ISU...Not sure what the exact year(Morgan era) was, but they revamped the programs where they were putting all the athletes in. I think the most popular was sociology...

Yep, during Morgan/LE/Floyd most of the athletes were socialogy majors. I've wondered why they've strayed from that major. I guess this is why.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

Sociology, and it was all sports... They forced it on alot of people that wanted and could have handled other majors.

Help Support Us

Become a patron