Votes: 105 51.7%
  • Gilstrap gets the extra year of eligibility and stays

Votes: 63 31.0%
  • Gilstrap gets the extra year and leaves anyway

Votes: 38 18.7%

• Total voters

NewCoke

Jan 20, 2009
Wondering what others thought. Not wanting to color the results I will post mine below.

NewCoke

Jan 20, 2009
Yeah the poll results so far agree with my perception of things. I hope Dende and Colvin both stick around. If McDermott stays I think they will too, don't really know why. If he goes, all bets are off.

Oldgeezer

Mar 18, 2006
Waukon, Iowa
Dendy doesn't seem like he is totally commiited to getting an education and at times not even committed to playing basketball.. But seriously, I'm guessing that if another scholarship opens up, and it goes to a guard, Buckley will be the one leaving.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
If we play well again Wednesday, I'm not sure I want to see Dendy in a Cyclone uniform again. We've played much more solid basketball without him the last 2 games.

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
Optimistically, they both come back. It's certaintly possible. However, my money says Strap comes back and Brackins is gone. As long as the NCAA doesn't **** us (definite possibility), that's what I see happening.

Spam

May 21, 2008
I bet GM is hoping several players leave. The more the number of players that leave, the more some fans and JP seem to excuse Greg McDermott and losing.
Players leaving is not the fault of GM, after all.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Isn't it amazing how McDermott is one of the highest paid people in the entire state of Iowa yet his "job responsibility" doesn't include keeping his players around??? At least that is what a majority of the people on here think because he "just has bad luck" or "the players want a better opportunity to play." If it isn't McDermott's job, who's job is it??? The guy can't coach athletes---thats why I've hated this hire since day 1!!!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't really know why but I have a feeling next year Brackins is still in Ames but Strap isn't. Again, just completely my gut instinct.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Before anyone worries about Dendy coming back or not, is he even back yet now? Just sayin'.

For next year though, who really is there to defect? DG is not going. SC is not likely to transfer again, since it would have to be to a Division II school or lose a year, right? Buckley, JVB with medical, and Boozer will all be seniors. Dorr and Palo are walk-ons. Doubtful that Oliver would transfer yet.

About the only one that is a possibility (other than Dendy not coming back at all) would be Colvin, and quite honestly, I could see him doing it. There is a juco guard coming in. DG is still the starting Point unless Phillips takes his place. The whole run-in and suspension after the Duke game. Who knows what is really going on in his head? I could see him going elsewhere.

I don't see either MG or CB coming back, unless they really fall off the radar completely with the draft. That may still happen.