Scouting Report: DeMarcus Phillips

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
He can't get here soon enough. That refuse to lose attitude could have helped a lot in all those close losses we've had this year.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
He can't get here soon enough. That refuse to lose attitude could have helped a lot in all those close losses we've had this year.

I agree we just dont have the heart of a champion:sad:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jwZBqGPgVE]YouTube - Heart of a Champion, Nelly[/ame]

Reactions: bostrem00

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
We need him to be really good if we want to be better than this year and Brackins and Gilstrap are gone.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
If he can drive to the hoop and make a lay-up with good regularity, he's already a step-up from what we are currently able to provide.

Hopefully he can hit mid-30's from 3-pt range. Sounds like he still needs to work on his shot, although he's apparently getting better.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco

Colvin, with a year under his belt, and Phillips in the backcourt could be the most talent/confidence we've had in the backcourt since Blalock/Stinson and Tinsley/Horton. Hopefully we'll have enough inside presence for them to be able to excel...

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
We need him to be really good if we want to be better than this year and Brackins and Gilstrap are gone.

I don't necessarily think we'll be worse next year with Brackins gone. Our guards haven't been able to utilize Brackins very well this year. I think next year we'll have a big step up in guard play and if Quez gets another year we should have a better season. If, as you suggested, they are both gone, we are going to have to make up for a ton of scoring.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
I'm from Marshalltown, watched this kid ball a couple of time. He's an absolute power when his shot is on, likes to be physical and seemingly willed MCC to victories. Gonna be a great addition to our guards.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I'm from Marshalltown, watched this kid ball a couple of time. He's an absolute power when his shot is on, likes to be physical and seemingly willed MCC to victories. Gonna be a great addition to our guards.

I hope you are correct. I watched several games prior to his injury. Sometimes he was very, very good...sometimes he was very, very average. Needs to be consistently "on" if he's going to contribute in the Big 12.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Does anyone know if Phillips is back and playing again, cause i was thinking about heading over to watch his team play Southeastern CC and John Wilkins on saturday

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Does anyone know if Phillips is back and playing again, cause i was thinking about heading over to watch his team play Southeastern CC and John Wilkins on saturday

Not sure...I know he doesn't have a cast on.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Not sure...I know he doesn't have a cast on.

Hmm, it would be a fun game to watch if he plays because youd get to watch him, clyburn, norvell arnold and john wilkins play. To bad its right during the kansas game though