Farve thanks fans for 09

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Vikings quarterback Brett Favre has posted a message on his official web site thanking his fans "for a memorable season."

He says nothing about whether there will be another one.

"Regardless of what the future holds, I want everyone to know I will cherish the memories of the past year for the rest of my life," Favre writes.

He says he "couldn't be happier" with his decision to play in 2009, even though he joined "the archrivals of the 'green and gold.'"

Favre calls his coaches, staff, and teammates in Minnesota "true professionals, and better yet, friends."

He comes close to dropping a hint in the last sentence of the third paragraph of the message, when he says, "It was truly an amazing experience to be a part of the Minnesota Vikings this past season."

Some could interpret his use of the past tense to mean that he's no longer a member of the team; others could look at it (as we do) as a carefully-crafted sentence that focuses only on 2009, and that leaves the door open for 2010.

The fact that he has not yet retired suggests that, at a minimum, he has realized that his annual February/March desire not to play could again give way -- as it has in each of the past two years -- to a desire for more football come July/August.

There's a belief in league circles that, at the end of the day, he'll be back with the Vikings, and there's nothing in his message that counters that notion, in any way

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
""Regardless of what the future holds, I want everyone to know I will cherish the memories of the past year for the rest of my life," Favre writes."

Awwwww... isn't that sweet! What a guy! Nearly brings a tear to my eye.

NOT! What an egotistical jerk. Hey Favre... we don't care what you think about this past year. The Vikes failed by getting you... period. They did not get you to just make it to the playoffs. TJAck or Sage could have taken that talented team to the playoffs.

The fact is... you choked again. You had a great season, but choked on your last play of the NFC Championship game once again dude. The season was all for nothing. Nothing! Who will ever remember that the Vikes made it to the NFC Championship game but lost a few years from now? Nobody.

I'm so sick of Favre I could puke. And so is the rest of the country besides die hard Viking fans. Just listen to the ridicule Brett continues to get on sports radio stations all over the country.

Just go away Brett.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I don't understand why so many people do not like Brett Favre. Is it because he has said he was retiring and then came back so many times? I like Michael Jordan as well, but didn't he do the same thing without so much criticism? Is it because he went to another team? Well Jordan went to another team.

Brett is the only play that I know of that actually played for the game. How many players play with broken bones? How many players sprain their ankle on one play and are in two plays later? This is the reason why I like Brett so much. He actually is there for the game and not the pay check.

This is my .02 take it for what it is worth.

Reactions: CycloneErik

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Let me preface this by saying that I am a die-hard Packers fan, who was lucky enough to see Favre's last 3 games as a Packer live from Lambeau and was as disappointed as anyone with his decision to join the Vikes. I absolutely love Aaron Rodgers and would not take Brett back if we could have him. That said, I don't understand and will never understand why people crucify Favre for his retiring/unretiring saga every year. The guy has played EVERY game for 17 seasons. I've seen him play with a separated shoulder, broken thumb on his throwing hand, ankles sprained so badly that he couldn't even walk etc....the guy is one of the toughest people ever to play the game, so I think he's earned the right to play or not play as long as he wants. Ted Thompson wanted Favre out from the day he arrived in Green Bay, and Brett knew it. If someone told me that I was no longer wanted on a team that I had carried single handedly for 16 years, I would have done the same thing that Brett did, and I bet that 90% of the people who criticize him would do the same. That game he played in this year's NFC championship was one of the gutsiest performances I've ever seen, and it forced me to actually momentarily cheer for the team I've hated for every second of being a Packers fan. Everyone points to his interceptions, and I'll be the first to admit that he's thrown some killers in his career...but in almost every one of those games he kept his team alive thoughout the game with no help around him. I for one think the NFL is a better league with Favre in it, and I will be sad when he finally hangs it up for good.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Let me preface this by saying that I am a die-hard Packers fan, who was lucky enough to see Favre's last 3 games as a Packer live from Lambeau and was as disappointed as anyone with his decision to join the Vikes. I absolutely love Aaron Rodgers and would not take Brett back if we could have him. That said, I don't understand and will never understand why people crucify Favre for his retiring/unretiring saga every year. The guy has played EVERY game for 17 seasons. I've seen him play with a separated shoulder, broken thumb on his throwing hand, ankles sprained so badly that he couldn't even walk etc....the guy is one of the toughest people ever to play the game, so I think he's earned the right to play or not play as long as he wants. Ted Thompson wanted Favre out from the day he arrived in Green Bay, and Brett new it. If someone told me that I was no longer wanted on a team that I had carried single handedly for 16 years, I would have done the same thing that Brett did, and I bet that 90% of the people who criticize him would do the same. That game he played in this year's NFC championship was one of the gutsiest performances I've ever seen, and force me to actually momentarily cheer for the team I've hated for every second of being a Packers fan. Everyone points to his interceptions, and I'll be the first to admit that he's thrown some killers in his career...but in almost every one of those games he kept his team alive thoughout the game with no help around him. I for one think the NFL is a better league with Favre in it, and I will be sad when he finally hangs it up for good.

love the avatar. is that a pike or muskie? Brent sucks. Please, Brent, go away.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Let me preface this by saying that I am a die-hard Packers fan, who was lucky enough to see Favre's last 3 games as a Packer live from Lambeau and was as disappointed as anyone with his decision to join the Vikes. I absolutely love Aaron Rodgers and would not take Brett back if we could have him. That said, I don't understand and will never understand why people crucify Favre for his retiring/unretiring saga every year. The guy has played EVERY game for 17 seasons. I've seen him play with a separated shoulder, broken thumb on his throwing hand, ankles sprained so badly that he couldn't even walk etc....the guy is one of the toughest people ever to play the game, so I think he's earned the right to play or not play as long as he wants. Ted Thompson wanted Favre out from the day he arrived in Green Bay, and Brett knew it. If someone told me that I was no longer wanted on a team that I had carried single handedly for 16 years, I would have done the same thing that Brett did, and I bet that 90% of the people who criticize him would do the same. That game he played in this year's NFC championship was one of the gutsiest performances I've ever seen, and it forced me to actually momentarily cheer for the team I've hated for every second of being a Packers fan. Everyone points to his interceptions, and I'll be the first to admit that he's thrown some killers in his career...but in almost every one of those games he kept his team alive thoughout the game with no help around him. I for one think the NFL is a better league with Favre in it, and I will be sad when he finally hangs it up for good.

I might have to change my opinion of Packer fans since you are at least one who is capable of seeing the big picture. Nice post with many good points in it.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
""Regardless of what the future holds, I want everyone to know I will cherish the memories of the past year for the rest of my life," Favre writes."

Awwwww... isn't that sweet! What a guy! Nearly brings a tear to my eye.

NOT! What an egotistical jerk. Hey Favre... we don't care what you think about this past year. The Vikes failed by getting you... period. They did not get you to just make it to the playoffs. TJAck or Sage could have taken that talented team to the playoffs.

The fact is... you choked again. You had a great season, but choked on your last play of the NFC Championship game once again dude. The season was all for nothing. Nothing! Who will ever remember that the Vikes made it to the NFC Championship game but lost a few years from now? Nobody.

I'm so sick of Favre I could puke. And so is the rest of the country besides die hard Viking fans. Just listen to the ridicule Brett continues to get on sports radio stations all over the country.

Just go away Brett.

Fact, we would not have won the division with Tjack or Sage.

He did not lose the New Orleans game on his own. That falls on Petersen or Childress more so than Favre.