Keep Coach Greg McDermott

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

redskinsisu

Apr 11, 2006
ISU fans, support the players, support the coach and support the program. The wins will come and the wins will come in bunches. I am tired of the negative fan base representing Iowa State on this message board.
For ISU Men’s Basketball, stability at the top will bring success.
For the current ISU players, future players and potential recruits. The negative fans that write negative messages do not represent Iowa State. Please don’t read the negative posts. Keep playing hard and representing Iowa State in a positive manner. The wins will come.
Chris Thomas

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
ISU fans, support the players, support the coach and support the program. The wins will come and the wins will come in bunches. I am tired of the negative fan base representing Iowa State on this message board.
For the current ISU players, future players and potential recruits. The negative fans that write negative messages do not represent Iowa State. Please don’t read the negative posts. Keep playing hard and representing Iowa State in a positive manner. The wins will come.
Chris Thomas

I'm pretty ****** right now....but I like the cut of your jib.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Still finding it hard to believe that everyone is melting down over this one. Missouri is a really good team, and we took them completely out of their game. This game is disappointing, but in comparison to others, not nearly as much because our defense helped well, and kept us in the game. If shots were falling, this would have been a win. We have been getting beat even when the shots were falling, so I think this is a step forward. But carry on...

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I get the nagging feeling it will still be McD because some AD put some stupid clause in his contract that won't let us get rid of him for financial reasons.

If he is still the coach in 3 years it is because he is winning.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Still finding it hard to believe that everyone is melting down over this one. Missouri is a really good team, and we took them completely out of their game. This game is disappointing, but in comparison to others, not nearly as much because our defense helped well, and kept us in the game. If shots were falling, this would have been a win. We have been getting beat even when the shots were falling, so I think this is a step forward. But carry on...

Cumulative effect, if McDermott had won against the mediocre teams such as Oklahoma and Texas Tech this loss wouldn't feel as bad. As is beating the 2 worst teams in the Big 12 by a combined 4 points hardly inspires any sort of positivism for the direction of the program.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Cumulative effect, if McDermott had won against the mediocre teams such as Oklahoma and Texas Tech this loss wouldn't feel as bad. As is beating the 2 worst teams in the Big 12 by a combined 4 points hardly inspires any sort of positivism for the direction of the program.

I can understand that to a certain extent, but I guess I try to take them one at a time. Can't go back to the past, and I'm really looking for progress. I want the kids to improve and gel, and maybe make a run at the NIT if nothing else. They could certainly do that if they keep their heads up.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

That's giving them far too much credit. "Geaux Tigers" man will be ripping into the new coach if his team isn't up by 40 on the first opponent of the season - closing out the first half...

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I wonder what the commentators will say before the KU game.

"Well, umm, theres a basketball game today."

jk

Somewhere along the lines of, "After a heartbreaking loss in Columbia, the Cyclones try to rebound against a much tougher opponent in Lawrence, Kansas"

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
"Well, umm, theres a basketball game today."

jk

Somewhere along the lines of, "After a heartbreaking loss in Columbia, the Cyclones try to rebound against a much tougher opponent in Lawrence, Kansas"

but really they are thinking ''How the **** did we get stuck with this blowout?''

nickcyv

Apr 29, 2009
Hey Greg, its good to see you have access to the internet on the plane back to Ames. Hey if I were you I would want to keep my job too! So why don't you give me some reasons that these wins are going to come in bunches? Just use some stats, trends, or really any data. Whats that Greg? You have none? You haven't beat a ranked team yet? You have horrific player turnover? You have a losing overall record? Well my bad!! Yea I will support.

What an awful post. Blind faith will turn us into Colorado.

Reactions: PJZ

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Chris Thomas

Really??? And how long do you plan on telling yourself this?? Face it, we have the talent to win games, their just lacking proper leadership and coaching!!

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Hey Greg, its good to see you have access to the internet on the plane back to Ames. Hey if I were you I would want to keep my job too! So why don't you give me some reasons that these wins are going to come in bunches? Just use some stats, trends, or really any data. Whats that Greg? You have none? You haven't beat a ranked team yet? You have horrific player turnover? You have a losing overall record? Well my bad!! Yea I will support.

What an awful post. Blind faith will turn us into Colorado.

Your post isn't necessarily a model for great posts. You brought no insight. Basically it was a list of things that have been hashed and rehashed before.