Why don't wives realize.......

clonefan1

Aug 7, 2006
How important ISU football is to us? I'm sure there are some that enjoy it as much as we do, but my wife just doesn't get it!!!!

Anyone a psychologist that I can speak to? Let me know and I'll lay down!!

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Even a Psychologist would not be able to break down what the hell a wife is thinking most of the time. I have lived with mine for 4 years and have no idea what she is thinking. You can't expect a person to sit with a wife for an hour a week and figure out what she is thinking.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Even a Psychologist would not be able to break down what the hell a wife is thinking most of the time. I have lived with mine for 4 years and have no idea what she is thinking. You can't expect a person to sit with a wife for an hour a week and figure out what she is thinking.

Unless the psychologist is a woman also and then they will just talk about how level headed she is and how off your rocker you are. I have been married to my lovely young bride for almost 11 years and there are days where I think I have a better chance of playing pick-up sticks with my buttcheeks than I have of figuring her out.

Pick wisely my friend.....Pick wisely

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Not trying to brag, but my wife gets it (ahh heh heh). She loves ISU games. Her only complaint is we can never find babysitters so she rarely gets to go. While she may not understand football as well as I do, she loves to go to games.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I'll take The rapist for $1000, Alex... That's Therapist.

Celebrity_Jeopardy_-_Jap_Anus_Relations.png

Last edited:

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Not trying to brag, but my wife gets it (ahh heh heh). She loves ISU games. Her only complaint is we can never find babysitters so she rarely gets to go. While she may not understand football as well as I do, she loves to go to games.

Would you please have her give my wife a call?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

Just curious. Your not a gay male are you. Then this whole statement would make sense to us other married guys.

SlyCy

Apr 17, 2006
North Liberty, Iowa
How important ISU football is to us? I'm sure there are some that enjoy it as much as we do, but my wife just doesn't get it!!!!

Anyone a psychologist that I can speak to? Let me know and I'll lay down!!

(Married 10 years)

I'm thuroughly convinced that there are somethings that women will never understand about us men, (toilet seat, underwear on the floor, scratching when it doesn't itch, etc) just like there are things men will never understand about women (grooming expenditures, endless chatter, bedtime headaches, looking fat questions, what are you thinking about questions, etc.) AND THATS OK. Both men and women need to accept this.

To me a good wife will understand that you have serperate interests that don't involve her (however crazy those interests might be). Any attempt block or belittle this interest is either a cry for attention or a power play for control, IMO.

Luckly I have a wife that is a bigger Cyclone fan than I am... and doesn't read Cyclonefanatic.com :biggrin9gp:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Just curious. Your not a gay male are you. Then this whole statement would make sense to us other married guys.

I can assure you I am not. She was never a football fan until I started taking her to games, now she really gets into it. Originally she would go because I wanted to go so badly, but now she looks forward to it. Of course once the weather gets cold, all bets are off.

Maybe she just loves spending time with me, that is probably it....HAH!

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
My wife loves going to games and insists that we continue our season tix even though we live in St Louis.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
My wife doesnt really care about sports. She is a Hawkeye, but doesnt care about them. (which is awesome btw) We go to games and she has fun, but she doesnt exactly get pumped about it like I do. I dont exactly get pumped about her scrapbooking either so its fair. =)

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
My wife actually likes to go tailgating. Then there happens to be a game that interups her tailgating. Then more tailgating after the game. She does cheer and roots for the Clones though. So I suppose that's all I can ask for.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Luckly I have a wife that is a bigger Cyclone fan than I am... and doesn't read Cyclonefanatic.com :biggrin9gp:

Mine reads CF every once and a while...so maybe she will reply to this... But I pretty much tell it like it is, if she annoys me, which she does daily, I would tell ya. But maybe it is because we have been married 11 years, and dated for 5 before that. We are pretty compatible. So I guess I am the luckiest guy on earth.

I just look forward to the day she can explain a tampa 2 versus a cover 0. That would be better than wearing a nurse outfit with her hair in pigtails to bed!

Last edited:

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
My wife like football but LOVES tailgating. No kids probably helps the situation though. Even going to a few Drake games when ISU isn't at home.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
My wife is from PA. So, she's a Penn State fan. She looks for their scores on TV or will watch them if they are on. If they are on opposite of ISU then she can forget about it.

Basketball is a whole other story. She will sit down and watch a game with me. I can't tell you how many times she was yelling at Stinson a few years ago when he'd try to take over the game. It was funny to see her get worked up over it. I even heard the word "sucks or sucked" come out of her mouth. She loves going to Hilton. We just don't make it up there enough w/ her work schedule.

SlyCy

Apr 17, 2006
North Liberty, Iowa
Mine reads CF every once and a while...so maybe she will reply to this... But I pretty much tell it like it is, if she annoys me, which she does daily, I would tell ya. But maybe it is because we have been married 11 years, and dated for 5 before that. We are pretty compatible. So I guess I am the luckiest guy on earth.

I just look forward to the day she can explain a tampa 2 versus a cover 0. That would be the ultime aphrodisiac.

I knew I would marry my wife when I took her an ISU basketball game and the other team was on a fast break against ISU and she stands up and yells at the ISU defenders "MAKE HIM PAY!!" while all the blue hairs turned around and looked at her.

I almost proposed right there on the spot!! :biggrin9gp:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
My fiance has no problem with football games, it just doesn't interest her much and she probably won't go to to many this year... Basketball on the the other hand is another story... She has become a huge ISU basketball fan... I think it is a combination of the fact that she loves the game (former all stater) and went to UNI and is a big McDermott fan... She loved it when I told her Marsden wasn't playing this year, he would frustrate the crap out of her (she played the post)...