Trivia Questions

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Since Kirk's trivia question was a big hit. Here are some I thought of to get your mind going on a slow Tuesday. We will start with easy and transition to hard. Google and media guides are for wimps.

1. Who hit the runner over Kelvin Cato to defeat the Cyclones in the '97 Sweet 16?

2. ISU's last Big 12 tourney win was against who?

3. The Cyclones defeated Minnesota and lost to UNC in which arena in the '05 tourney?

4. ISU's 4 opponents in the 2004 NIT were (in order)? Who won the NIT that year?

5. Who were the other three final 4 teams along with Michigan St. in 2000?

6. After defeating Iowa State, who did Hampton play in the 2nd round of the '01 tourney?

7. Who transferred from Iowa State and led Western Michigan to the 2nd round of the 1998 NCAA tournament?

8. Which Cyclone coined the phrase "Cyclone Fever" during the '96 Big 8 tournament?

Good luck!

Reactions: khaal53

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Since Kirk's trivia question was a big hit. Here are some I thought of to get your mind going on a slow Tuesday. We will start with easy and transition to hard. Google and media guides are for wimps.

1. Who hit the runner over Kelvin Cato to defeat the Cyclones in the '97 Sweet 16?
Cameron Dollar
Baylor
3. The Cyclones defeated Minnesota and lost to UNC in which arena in the '05 tourney?
Ummm, its in Charlotte
4. ISU's 4 opponents in the 2004 NIT were (in order)? Who won the NIT that year?
Georgia, Florida State, Marquette, Rutgers (Michigan)
Florida, Wisconsin, Another not so great team that I can't remember
6. After defeating Iowa State, who did Hampton play in the 2nd round of the '01 tourney?
Georgetown
7. Who transferred from Iowa State and led Western Michigan to the 2nd round of the 1998 NCAA tournament?
Jason Kimbrough
8. Which Cyclone coined the phrase "Cyclone Fever" during the '96 Big 8 tournament?
I got nothing...
Good luck!

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I assume this is closed-book! .. I'll do my best
1. Cameron Dollar
2. Baylor
3. Greensboro
4. I'm grasping --- and can't recall the order (sorry) Marquette, Florida State, Georgia (?), Rutgers. Michigan won the NIT that year
5. Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina
6. Georgetown
7. (blank)
8. (blank)

I think I nailed half of them. Nice quiz.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Just going to throw my best guesses out quickly.

Cameron Dollar

Baylor...man that was a long time ago...

Charlotte

Georgia, FSU, Marquette (Great Game!) and Rutgers. Michigan won I believe.

North Carolina, Duke, Syracuse

6. After defeating Iowa State, who did Hampton play in the 2nd round of the '01 tourney? No idea. Thanks for bringing that up again.

7. Who transferred from Iowa State and led Western Michigan to the 2nd round of the 1998 NCAA tournament? Derrick Hayes?

8. Which Cyclone coined the phrase "Cyclone Fever" during the '96 Big 8 tournament? Dedric Willoughby

Good luck!

Cycloin

Feb 5, 2009
Johnston
Question No 8

Wasn't it Ha-keem Abdel Khaliq at the post tourney pep rally right after TF said "keep it classy"?

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
All I can remember in regards to #8 is the Channel 5 special that was a season recap hosted by Keith Murphy that I probably watched a thousand times where the team was labeled "The Cardiac Clones".

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Good start everyone.

1. Cameron Dollor
2. Baylor
3. Charlotte Coliseum
4. Georgia, FSU, Marquette, Rutgers (Michigan) Extra bonus if you nailed Oregon as the 4th NIT final 4 team
5. Wisconsin, Florida, UNC
6. Georgetown (They beat George Mason who had a 30 year old post player)
7. Jason Kimbrough

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Question No 8

Wasn't it Ha-keem Abdel Khaliq at the post tourney pep rally right after TF said "keep it classy"?

Winner for #8! Hakeem Abel Khaliq is correct. Good work everyone. That was fast!

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
How about "Which of the eight teams that played in Boise in 2001 had the shortest distance to travel?"

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
So Brent, can you see if C-dubb will reach under his mattress and throw some of his coupons our way? TIA

If my history with CW is any indication, it will be a while before he gives away or pays for anything...coupon or otherwise. :wideeyed:

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
8) I know it but I can't think of his name. Bald kid. Never played. Kinda the class clown of the team. If I remember right he was a very intelligent kid. I HATE it when I can see the face but can't remember the name.
He was part of the special that Keith Murphy did when he was at Channel 5.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
8) I know it but I can't think of his name. Bald kid. Never played. Kinda the class clown of the team. If I remember right he was a very intelligent kid. I HATE it when I can see the face but can't remember the name.
He was part of the special that Keith Murphy did when he was at Channel 5.

Nevermind.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron