Call-in Show - Recruiting

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Gmac said looking at 1 big now; if Marquis does not come back, then also will look at a guard.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Call of the show - Wilma -

"Congratulations to your son and Ames HS for winning all their games. You're doing the exact opposite."

and

"Who's that guy that scores all the points? Tell him to pass it and let others shoot. I'm sure they'd make them."

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

"Congratulations to your son and Ames HS for winning all their games. You're doing the exact opposite."

and

"Who's that guy that scores all the points? Tell him to pass it and let others shoot. I'm sure they'd make them."

Is the second one serious?

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006

and

She sounded like Cyclone Jerry's grandma. Not the negative things she said, but the senility.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Gmac said looking at 1 big now; if Marquis does not come back, then also will look at a guard.

That's gotta be Railey then since he's committed. (who takes Craig's spot)

Last edited:

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I am still confused about next years Scholly's
The only people that could leave next year is Brackins (JR) and Giltrap (which may get another)
Everyone else is back. We also have Railey, Ejim, and Phillips coming in?
And we are looking at adding more? Wilkins and Clyburn?
So then somone HAS to be leaving right?

I guess we have these guys listed on the roster right now so that would take care of the newcomers.
25 Palo, Bubu G 6-1
12 Dorr, Alex F 6-7
21 Brackins, Craig F 6-10 230

I guess Palo and Dorr would be Walk ons then.
It seems like we always have this problem then by mid season we can't find 6 guys to play

4 Boozer, Charles G 6-3 205 Jr.
1 Buckley, Dominique G 6-2
11 Christopherson, Scott
2 Colvin, Chris G 6-3
22 Dendy, LaRon F 6-9
10 Garrett, Diante G
3 Gilstrap, Marquis F
41 Hamilton, Justin C
15 Oliver, Antwon G
23 Vanderbeken, Jamie
Railey
Ejim
Phillips

Last edited:

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
Great...two JC players that are heavely recruited by MAC schools. Did I see right, Wilkins 6' 9 and 205?
http://indiana.scout.com/a.z?s=170&p=2&c=773370&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2findiana.scout.com%2f2%2f773370.html

i posted this teaser in another thread. it's from when wilkins was in high school. he grew up in europe(dad played for the utah jazz and then went to play euro-ball to finish his career). he is now sitting out this year at juco (similar to luccas deal) and will have to sit out the first 5 games next year.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Railey is just a verbal and not signed. I believe any additional players being recruited for next year know it all depends on Craig going pro and gilstrap getting another year.

HititHard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 11, 2009
I listened to the radio show last night and in what is rapidly becoming a pattern our coach was saying the right things and almost had me convinced.

Then came a call from Ankeny and out rolls the excuse machine. He actually said that our program was close to the death penalty. Now I know there were some issues but that is far from accurate. First of all what SMU had to get the death penalty was over the top cheating (Like writing checks to Craig James.). Second, I don't think the NCAA will ever do it again given the long term damage it caused SMU.

He could have made his point without that kind of exaggeration. The real question is when is he going to take responsibility for this program and stop making excuses based on what happened four years ago?

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
I listened to the radio show last night and in what is rapidly becoming a pattern our coach was saying the right things and almost had me convinced.

Then came a call from Ankeny and out rolls the excuse machine. He actually said that our program was close to the death penalty. Now I know there were some issues but that is far from accurate. First of all what SMU had to get the death penalty was over the top cheating (Like writing checks to Craig James.). Second, I don't think the NCAA will ever do it again given the long term damage it caused SMU.

He could have made his point without that kind of exaggeration. The real question is when is he going to take responsibility for this program and stop making excuses based on what happened four years ago?

We were...wasn't an excuse. See Mac's contract.

HHWalters

Mar 20, 2008
I think we're all a little tired of hearing how the previous administration is to blame for the mess we're in now. It reminds me of the Ron White story that ends ... "I wondered out loud, did you ever think "well, maybe it's me'?? After 49,995, you have to wonder: 'Maybe I'm the common denominator ..."

HititHard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 11, 2009
We were...wasn't an excuse. See Mac's contract.

If the NCAA was close to administering the death penally I'd think there would be at least one news story about it.
My understanding is the closest this school has ever been to violations that might have been of the magnitude to warrant it was the football program 1986.