Scholarship Breakdown

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
For anyone curious I dug up Tim_Red's scholly breakdown. This one has always been the easiest to read and understand for me.

ISU MBB Roster

I don't have write access or I'd update it. I think next year is off.

Reactions: kingcy

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Will Bubu get one next year? I would say yes because I have heard good things. If that is the case we have 0 if everyone stays. My guess is we have two more. I don't know who's just two more.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Actually no, we would need someone to leave for Bubu to get one because JVB will probably be back. also, where is Dorr?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I doubt either 2 of those would get one next year, unless one opens up late.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
For anyone curious I dug up Tim_Red's scholly breakdown. This one has always been the easiest to read and understand for me.

ISU MBB Roster

I don't have write access or I'd update it. I think next year is off.

The more I look at that 07-08 roster, the more ****** and frustrated I am. GMac had plenty of talent on that squad:

Jiri Hubalik
Rashon Clark
Wes Johnson
Craig Brackins

If he had just gone out and gotten a JUCO point guard, he could have had success in year 2, and maybe held on to WJ for years 3 and 4.

Last edited:

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
It's updated...

So if Craig for some odd(completely unlikely) reason comes back we are full...and if Gilstrap wants to come back...no scholly open?

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
"if Gilstrap wants to come back"

I've it reported that he will come back if granted a medical redshirt year. How likely is that?

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
No one has really heard much if anything from the NCAA on his appeal.

Where is stood, last I heard: We submitted all the information to the NCAA. The NCAA came back with questions. We answered those questions and resubmitted.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
It's updated...

So if Craig for some odd(completely unlikely) reason comes back we are full...and if Gilstrap wants to come back...no scholly open?

so if craig leaves and gilstrap gets a medical rs, we are still set, yet our resident "insider" makes it seem like we are trying to get a commitment out of at least 1 or both wilkins and clyburn. how does that work?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
so if craig leaves and gilstrap gets a medical rs, we are still set, yet our resident "insider" makes it seem like we are trying to get a commitment out of at least 1 or both wilkins and clyburn. how does that work?

It'll work out one way or another. Somebody will leave after this year.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Yup, it'll work out cause that commitment knows it's conditional.

I do like that we are staying active with the guys we want.

KCy

Jul 20, 2008
Kansas City
I hope clyborn and wilkins are dendy type players. K-state has a bunch of them and kansas has the morris twins. I think we need big bodies that are active and rebound. We have promise in the backcourt but we need some scrappers to go along with ham and Jvb next year.

Anyone know if those two players would fit that mold?