NFL: Drew Brees

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Does this finally put him in the elite status w/ Manning and Brady and co.?? AND how bad do the Chargers feel now??? IMO, I say yes!!!

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Number 1 fantasy pick for QB's next year?? Wife picked him no.1 this year and won her league that way.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
It should. By the way, did anyone see during the trophy presentation the guy holding the sign that said, "Canonize Brees"? Hilarious.

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
lol at the idiot chargers, having to sit there and watch two QBs that they could have had, play in the SB.

Should have drafted manning. Should have kept Brees.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
IMO it puts him up there with Brady but I still think Manning is the better overall QB and in a more elite class than Brees.

I don't put Brady in my top 8 and I don't put Brees in my top 15 of all time

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
lol at the idiot chargers, having to sit there and watch two QBs that they could have had, play in the SB.

Should have drafted manning. Should have kept Brees.

Chargers didn't pass on Manning. He was the #1 pick to the colts. And they didn't pass on Eli as he just refused to sign with them.

As for Brees vs Rivers. Don't think the Chargers did the wrong thing there. Rivers is fantastic and a winner. Just didn't get the breaks this year.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Chargers didn't pass on Manning. He was the #1 pick to the colts. And they didn't pass on Eli as he just refused to sign with them.

As for Brees vs Rivers. Don't think the Chargers did the wrong thing there. Rivers is fantastic and a winner. Just didn't get the breaks this year.

Exactly. This thread is dumb. Brees has been considered one of 3-4 best QBs for a few years, the other QB being Rivers. Chargers didn't pass on Manning and Brees was only an average QB when they drafted Rivers. The Chargers are in the playoffs every year with Rivers, and I don't believe they made it once with Brees.

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
My bad, I though SD had the #1 pick.

Rivers is not better than Brees. And they did make the playoffs with Brees IIRC. I think they went like 14-2 with him and lost in the first round. Then they dropped brees and fired shottenhiemer.

I think Brees and Manning are the no doubt two best QBs in the game right now. I think Manning is the clear #1, and Brees not too far behind.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
My bad, I though SD had the #1 pick.

Rivers is not better than Brees. And they did make the playoffs with Brees IIRC. I think they went like 14-2 with him and lost in the first round. Then they dropped brees and fired shottenhiemer.

I think Brees and Manning are the no doubt two best QBs in the game right now. I think Manning is the clear #1, and Brees not too far behind.

They made the playoffs with Brees. You are correct there. I have a hard time saying that Brees is any better than Rivers though. He has a super bowl now but otherwise Rivers has been the better winner in his career. 46 wins in 4 years is pretty impressive

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I'd put Brees in the same category as players like Kurt Warner, Troy Aikman, etc. Great player but won't go down in history with guys like Elway, Manning, Brady, etc.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Exactly. This thread is dumb. Brees has been considered one of 3-4 best QBs for a few years, the other QB being Rivers. Chargers didn't pass on Manning and Brees was only an average QB when they drafted Rivers. The Chargers are in the playoffs every year with Rivers, and I don't believe they made it once with Brees.

TOTALLY DISAGREE.....when Rivers got to San Diego, they were already set up to win with a pretty good D and LT, nice O-line,etc. When Brees got to NO they had nothing and were ready to move the team due to Catrina!!! Brees is clearly better than Rivers IMO, although both good QB's.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
TOTALLY DISAGREE.....when Rivers got to San Diego, they were already set up to win with a pretty good D and LT, nice O-line,etc. When Brees got to NO they had nothing and were ready to move the team due to Catrina!!! Brees is clearly better than Rivers IMO, although both good QB's.

My bad, this was meant to be in response to Clones85

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

Rivers has done more with the Chargers than Brees did. IMO they are in the same league at QB. Rivers team lost some heartbreakers and Brees team got some of the breaks to win the Super Bowl. Only difference between the two