Tony Barbee

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
He feels like he could become the 2nd coming of doc sadler...not just because he came from UTEP...I'd try going after Billy Grier from San Diego or Randy Bennett from St. Mary's...

tamjam

Apr 18, 2008
Pants-free Avenue
Barbee was Calapari's lead recruiter at Memphis. The guy can bring in talent and looks like he coaches a fun uptempo style of game. I would love to have this guy over McD.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Barbee was Calapari's lead recruiter at Memphis. The guy can bring in talent and looks like he coaches a fun uptempo style of game. I would love to have this guy over McD.
Why don't we keep Daniyal Robinson and lure Dalonte Hill away from K-State for the head man

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Do we really want someone who was involved in the recruiting of Calipari's guys?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Good point. Let's stick with what we have been doing. Seems to be working out well.

I would rather have it this way than have the NCAA breathing down our necks. They will make an example of someone when they find the right program. We could be the right program. Someone not too big, but someone who people will take notice to. I don't really want people thinking we are cheaters either.

Some won't feel the same, I know.

52ynnel

Jan 5, 2009
I would rather have it this way than have the NCAA breathing down our necks. They will make an example of someone when they find the right program. We could be the right program. Someone not too big, but someone who people will take notice to. I don't really want people thinking we are cheaters either.

I'm to the point where I just want to see wins. If that means we have some "unsavory" mo-fo's on the squad, then so be it. This "we have a wholesome clean program" BS is doing nothing for my viewing pleasure.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
And we want to spend a wad buying Mac out for another chance at a "could be" the one coach only to likely fail again in three years?

Reactions: ripvdub

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I'm to the point where I just want to see wins. If that means we have some "unsavory" mo-fo's on the squad, then so be it. This "we have a wholesome clean program" BS is doing nothing for my viewing pleasure.

I don't mind if we take some chances on some players with some background problems, I just don't want a guy on our staff getting caught messing with test scores and things like that. I do not want to be that example. Something like that could cost us a lot more than our Bball program. I see Paul Rhoads as a guy that, if someone in our AD did that, could be turned off and then start looking around. I really think he could be that type of person.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

I'm with you ... I've followed ISU for 30 years, and it's much more fun to win, and I think GM hasn't hit the right notes — but, man, I am certainly not win-at-all-costs.

I will sacrifice a few wins every year for the rest of my life if it means "clean" vs. "not-so-clean." It's easier to handle that if it's 27-9/23-13 as opposed to 20-12/15-17.

Does anyone think Izzo could make the Final Four almost every year? Probably. Will anybody remember Sampson's nice run at OU? (other than OU fans).

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008

good point 52. I need some satisfactioning.