Final 4 teams 2/4/10

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Duke.

The S combination of Smith, Scheyer & Singler is balanced and disciplined, exactly what K thrives on. I hate putting Duke & final 4 together as much as the next guy, which makes it worse that not only do I think they are a final4 team, but they are NOT the villain.

Kansas.

The villain. They win. And win. They find ways. They will run you out. They will grind with you. They will win every war of attrition. I really, really dislike these guys. Maybe some of their games have been closer than expected, but they continue to finish.

Villanova.

Depth. Reynolds, Fisher and 4-5 other dudes getting about 9ppg. Speedy, frantic, gritty. Wasn't sold early on, but have seen them play about 1/2 dozen games now.

Kentucky.
Wall, Patterson, Cousins. 3 NBA 1st rounders=Final Four.

Getting closer:

Syracuse: Wesley "Wes" Johnson has brought instant life into Syracuse, becoming the highest impact 1st year Syracuse player since a guy named Carmelo Anthony wore Orange.

Georgetown: I love Greg Monroe and his fundamental intensity. Freeman, when playing correctly, can make everybody around him look better.

Ohio State: With Evan Turner, A #4 seed or better could provide a grand opportunity for this tough, determined (Dude broke his back!) POY candidate to carry his team for 4 games.

Gonzaga: Other mid-majors are catching up. If there was a good year for these guys to sneak into the final4, this would be it.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Even though Texas has a couple close losses lately, I'd put them in the discussion. Also, I think Kansas State could be the dark horse to do it.

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
I don't understand what everyone likes so much about Georgetown. Sure they are a good team but I don't seem them getting close to the Final Four. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised to seem them upset early. It's hard for me to see anyone outside of Kansas, Kentucky, Villanova and Syracuse right now. I think those are the four teams that have consistently proven that they can win games down the stretch. Obviously there will be some upsets somewhere along the way. My next tier of teams include Duke, Ohio State, Texas, and Kansas State.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
As long as Lucas returns healthy for Michigan St., I don't think you can ever count out the Spartans. It will be interesting to see how the seeds fall. Even though Georgetown lost to USF last night, I still think they have what it takes. Experienced guards that can score and a very good inside presence. At this point, I really like Kansas, Villanova & Georgetown, and think Kentucky, Syracuse, Duke & Michigan St. all have a great shot.

Some darkhorses would be:

Wisconsin
Purdue
Kansas St.
Texas (I'm not as high on them as everyone else...clearly)
West Virginia

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
Speaking of West Virginia, did anyone see the fans at the game against Pitt last night? WOW! With all the complaining of the fans in Hilton this year, I can say I would rather be quiet then have our fans be so stupid that they continually are throwing things onto the court.

With that said, their bball team is very good and I could also see them as a dark horse for the final 4.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I don't see Duke making it. Georgetown throttled Duke and Syracuse spotted Georgetown 14 before pummelling them just a week earlier.

I think Villanova, Syracuse, and KU are good bets...not sure on the fourth team.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I don't see Duke making it. Georgetown throttled Duke and Syracuse spotted Georgetown 14 before pummelling them just a week earlier.

I think Villanova, Syracuse, and KU are good bets...not sure on the fourth team.

This is about where I'm at. I haven't watched nova enough to really know how good they are, but with so many other people so sold on them, I think they're a safe bet. Syracuse has just looked too smooth and together when I've watched them to not make a good run. KU has struggled at points, but the fact that they've won some grind out games is going to serve them well I think.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I like KU, UK, Syr and either TX/KSU/Mich St. for the fourth spot. Gotta go with the big12 over the BigEast.....

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Just because I want to be that guy right now, ISU will be watching the these teams play from their dorm rooms. Again.

That said, I'm picking Duke to win it all. They are tough.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I don't understand what everyone likes so much about Georgetown. Sure they are a good team but I don't seem them getting close to the Final Four. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised to seem them upset early. It's hard for me to see anyone outside of Kansas, Kentucky, Villanova and Syracuse right now. I think those are the four teams that have consistently proven that they can win games down the stretch. Obviously there will be some upsets somewhere along the way. My next tier of teams include Duke, Ohio State, Texas, and Kansas State.

:wink:

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Out of the OP teams stated, I only think KU, Uk, and Syracuse have a chance at reaching the final 4. None of the others have a prayer.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Duke has only won 2 true road gmes this year while the NCAA tourney there isn't a team playing in its arena I have a hard time thinking they get to final 4. Right now I like Syracuse to make it and then I have questions about almost everyone else. Kentucky is so young, Kansas seems bored, Georgtown doesn't have enough guards, Villanova is to reliant on guards thou Scottie Reynolds is a stud, Ohio State other than Turner im not sure what they have, MSU is the same how good are they really. 1 seeds for me Kansas, Syracuse, Kentucky and Georgetown 2 seeds Duke, Nova,Michigan St and West Virginia with Texas and KSU as 3 seeds

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
I was looking at 2 brackets toady and they have UNI on rivals as a 10 seed and on espn a 6 seed that would get Kansas St. in New Oleans in 2nd rd interesting matchup

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Kansas, Kentucky, Syracuse and Michigan State are my picks. (I HATE mich. st.)

Syracuse is going to win it all IMO.

Dark Horses:
Duke
Georgetown
Villanova
K-State
Texas
West Virginia
UNLV
PITT