Good game, Cyclones.

sparky454

Feb 6, 2010
I wasn't able to watch the game but I did listen to it on the radio. Brackins is the real deal and you have him for another year. I thought I also heard that you have a couple of players out with injuries and that could have made a very big difference today. Honestly this game could have gone either way. Good luck the rest of the season.

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
Brackins won't be back next year, he can/should go to the NBA in my honest opinion.

We have a couple injuries and player defections that certainly have set us back. I think if we had the team that we started with on Day One, we win this game for sure. That's not the case however, and it results in yet another loss.

I'm getting pretty sick of all this losing. Things need to change...SOON.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Let's kidnap Clemente and throw him in the trunk of GMac's car. He was the difference today.

He did score a lot today, but I have to disagree that he was the difference in the game. I think the difference between us winning and losing was our 3 point shooting. We were 5 of 23 from the three point line going 22%. If we would have shot our season average we would have won this game assuming everything else went the way it did.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He did score a lot today, but I have to disagree that he was the difference in the game. I think the difference between us winning and losing was our 3 point shooting. We were 5 of 23 from the three point line going 22%. If we would have shot our season average we would have won this game assuming everything else went the way it did.

4 of them were late in the game. we are 1-15 at one point. We make a couple more here and there and it changes the complexion of the game. I thought that was the difference. Lucca would have helped today. It would have been hard to play less defense on Clemente and besides that he was on fire. He hit a couple tough shots.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
4 of them were late in the game. we are 1-15 at one point. We make a couple more here and there and it changes the complexion of the game. I thought that was the difference. Lucca would have helped today, if he was able to get open from the speedy KSU guards. He would also have been schooled time and time again trying to guard Pullen or Clemente. It would have been hard to play less defense on Clemente and besides that he was on fire. He hit a couple tough shots.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Good point but he wouldn't have done worse on Clemente today. He kicked anyones *** that was guarding him. They were giving us outside shots. No one hit them. We need a shooter on the floor.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
I've been very disappointed with the perimiter defense, but I thought we had a hand in clemente's face a lot today. He was real quick and got some open shots too, but I really thought we worked harder to get a hand in his face then we have against others. He was on fire and no if ands or buts, he and the K-state guards are just flat out faster than ours.

I thought that the clones played a real tough game.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
I have watched Craig Brackins keep working and giving good effort and representing ISU well a a player and a person. Some players in his position of deciding to come back and then being around a melt down situation would have become more interested in personal stats. Brackins is still fighting and team oriented-good for him. Our 4 guards would not start on any other Big 12 team and that is our problem. It was a good effort against a team that plays hard but our 3 pt. shooting is horrendous. I give Scott C a little break in that his mono situation can not help his stamina which affects his shot. Colvin is getting more PT as is Buckley-should have happened earlier in the season and we might be in a better position today if they had more combat minutes under theri belt. A good effort but maybe 2 more wins this season against Co. & Neb.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I've been very disappointed with the perimiter defense, but I thought we had a hand in clemente's face a lot today. He was real quick and got some open shots too, but I really thought we worked harder to get a hand in his face then we have against others. He was on fire and no if ands or buts, he and the K-state guards are just flat out faster than ours.

I thought that the clones played a real tough game.

And better scorers

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
I wasn't able to watch the game but I did listen to it on the radio. Brackins is the real deal and you have him for another year. I thought I also heard that you have a couple of players out with injuries and that could have made a very big difference today. Honestly this game could have gone either way. Good luck the rest of the season.

Thank you for the positive support, especially coming from a KSU fan, it means a bunch. Clemente is a truly impressive guard, up there with Sherron Collins from KU for best in the Big XII. Maybe we'll pull the upset down in the Octogon of Doom :wink: All I know is I will be down there for that game. And yes, with the year Craig is having, he will be coming back.

Last edited:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Thank you for the positive support, especially coming from a KSU fan, it means a bunch. Clemente is a truly impressive guard, up there with Sherron Collins from KU for best in the nation. Maybe we'll pull the upset down in the Octogon of Doom :wink: All I know is I will be down there for that game. And yes, with the year Craig is having, he will be coming back.

Lets not get carried away. He is very good but there are lot of good guards out there.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
My bad, that's a typo. Meant to say Big XII, but distractions lead to errors.

Oh, ok that's understandable. I would say Clemente may be top 15, but there are a ton of good guards out there this year. Then there are some that don't look as good but they have no supporting cast.

HHWalters

Mar 20, 2008
I am so sick and tired of getting a pat on the head from other teams' fans. They might as well say "thanks for the bye week ... we've got games against real teams coming up and needed a scrimmage against some JV squad". Just like every game in the McDoormat era, we are just 4 starters and 1 coach shy of being competitive in this league.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
I am so sick and tired of getting a pat on the head from other teams' fans. They might as well say "thanks for the bye week ... we've got games against real teams coming up and needed a scrimmage against some JV squad". Just like every game in the McDoormat era, we are just 4 starters and 1 coach shy of being competitive in this league.

Can we keep getting more guys like this? I mean, all sorts of quality on these boards.

/end sarcasm

PurpleHaze

Feb 6, 2010

Not trying to be condescending here whatsoever. You've got some good players and everyone knows how dangerous Brackins is. Most everyone also understands you'd be a whole lot better if not for some injuries & that one clown leaving you mid-stream. Your guys turned in a gutty performance today, and yeah its frustrating as hell but its going to get better. Trust me, I've seen my fair share of bad players & bad coaching at KSU over the last 20 years, and I don't think ISU is nearly as bad as we were at times. Watching it on TV, your crowd was really great today too. Anyway, good game and we'll be seeing you down the road.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron