Four arrested at Marshalltown Swift Plant

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Did Immigration go in with helicopters?

There is plant down the road from where I work. It's HUGE phyically and employment-wise. Immigration has visited them a couple of times in the past 12 or so years.

Why do they bring helicopters??? Because when the illegals hear that Immigration is at the front door, they have been known to drop everything and scramble for the nearest exit. The guys in the helicopters track the illegals that are running from the plant. They also come with prison vans and busses...

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
But 2 important ones got arrested. Arrest the HR people and VP's that know this is going on, and now you have real reform. To solve the immigration problems you gotta cut that hands that feed them.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
But 2 important ones got arrested. Arrest the HR people and VP's that know this is going on, and now you have real reform. To solve the immigration problems you gotta cut that hands that feed them.

AGREEED.

Now just 12 million more Illegals and 100's of manager/HR/union reps to go.

- keep.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
This is BS. I used to supervise "them" at the Swift in Worthington. The story goes that a politician from Colorado, who is very anti-illegal imigrants, and also had something for Swift made this happen in the first place. Not that I'm supporting the illegals, because it's depressing when they are bringing home bigger paychecks than me due to no taxes, but there are thousands of meat plants around this great country. And every single one of them is the exact same. If legal immigrants wanted these jobs, they could have them, and in swifts case they pay up to 12.50 an hour after one month. But, I don't even see the craziest red neck trailer trash lining up to take these jobs. If they did we would not have this problem So, unless you want the price of all of the meat you buy in the store every week to drastically increase, take it easy on the meat plants.

Kind of rambled, but just my thoughts from working here

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
And also, before resently, the meat plants had their hands tied. They could not legally check to see if the employees SS# was real or it was desciminatory, and they could get sued(see Swift). But if they hired them and there was a raid, they lose all of their workers and now people get arrested(see Swift recently)

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
This is BS. I used to supervise "them" at the Swift in Worthington. The story goes that a politician from Colorado, who is very anti-illegal imigrants, and also had something for Swift made this happen in the first place. Not that I'm supporting the illegals, because it's depressing when they are bringing home bigger paychecks than me due to no taxes, but there are thousands of meat plants around this great country. And every single one of them is the exact same. If legal immigrants wanted these jobs, they could have them, and in swifts case they pay up to 12.50 an hour after one month. But, I don't even see the craziest red neck trailer trash lining up to take these jobs. If they did we would not have this problem So, unless you want the price of all of the meat you buy in the store every week to drastically increase, take it easy on the meat plants.

Kind of rambled, but just my thoughts from working here
So instead of paying for legal workers in our meat prices, we should subsidize illegals with our tax money? I'd rather pay more for meat.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

Couldn't agree more. I can't blame the illegals. If I lived in Mexico and had a chance for a better life for my kids I'd sneak in too. Take the job offers away and they have nothing to come for.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
So instead of paying for legal workers in our meat prices, we should subsidize illegals with our tax money? I'd rather pay more for meat.

No, just saying that you should see that this is happening everywhere. Whos fault is it that nobody wants these jobs. There are people that are more willing to work at the 7-11 and get paid minimum wage and live off food stamps and WIC, than to work a little harder and get paid more at the local meat plant. So the illegals work there do not claim taxes, and still get WIC. But really, if your willing to say that you'd work here on the line for twnety bucks an hour then I will shut up, other wise who will do it? Were screwed either way.

moo-u

Apr 12, 2006
sheldon

I agree with you on paying more for our foodstuffs in general and
for our meat specifically. Honestly, if you can get something going
where I can buy meat from a hometown, go for it. Fact is, I already do....
Anybody else do business at Woudstra's Meat's in OC???? They're
not "cheap" maybe but fantastic quality.

But face it, that's not the reality today in the US.

Those of us that would -actually- be willing to pay more for
our meat so we could have the butcher across the street
reopen his shop or the shoemaker could go back in business
selling shoes instead buying Chinese made garbage. etc etc
etc etc are in a huge minority.

I'm not saying I have an answer, but when you visit Mexico and
meet the illegal immigrants families (and I have) and you see the
abject poverty these people live in OMG.....it's just pitiful, makes
you want to ball, really. It's no wonder when you find out
that the IM's are literally seen as heroes to their families
"down South". Then you take into account that they're simply meeting a
demand for labor, it's pretty hard to hold it against them for
being willing to take a job here, whether it be cutting meat at Swift
or milking at my cousins dairy.

Then, when you add in the fact, (IMHO this isn't even debate-able)
that the IM's work harder and more dependably and -especially-
more respectfully with their "overs" than some of the trailer trash
that has been mentioned here, (and I've seen this time and again
with my own eyes as well) I can't blame the folks that hire them too much either.

peace,

moo.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron