Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
This is a done deal.

I think we should look at Atif Austin to replace him. I think when you have former Cyclones who are promising coaches, we NEED to get them to Ames when we get a chance. They could be incredibly effective recruiters, understanding exactly what it's like to be a student athlete here.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This is a done deal.

I think we should look at Atif Austin to replace him. I think when you have former Cyclones who are promising coaches, we NEED to get them to Ames when we get a chance. They could be incredibly effective recruiters, understanding exactly what it's like to be a student athlete here.

Atif would be a good choice I think. I know someone who worked in the AD at UNI and really liked Atif.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
It is likely a more money, greater responsibility, DC in waiting type move.

That said, I am curious who we will snag. Hard to argue with Al's logic about Atif Austin.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
This is a done deal.

Is he going to be the DC for Wisco then? If so, I can't blame him.

I am glad he pulled in such a good class for us this year.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I dont think this is as pivotal as some may think. Chris is awesome and I have no hard feeling towards him for leaving. Im confident that PR has something in mind. I doubt Chris just up and left. This most likely has already been discussed.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
By the way, for those of you saying yesterday was a "bad day" and we lost some "valuable recruits" this is a much, much bigger loss. We can and will replace him but Ash has done great things everywhere he has went and has a proven track record. Unlike any 18 year old that may or may not sign with us.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Classy move by Ash. I have no problem with a coach moving on. He did it right and waited until recruiting was over. I have no problem