2011 Pro Bowl to be played before Super Bowl again?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
NFL.com - The Pro Bowl may return to Hawaii next season, but it could be played the week prior to the Super Bowl.

"We have the option when we go back to Hawaii, we can do it before or after (the Super Bowl)," Goodell said.

"Here's where I like it: I think you should stop or end your season when you reach the pinnacle. The pinnacle is the Super Bowl. I think it's anticlimactic when you come back with the Pro Bowl the week after the Super Bowl."

Traditionally, the Pro Bowl has been held the week after the Super Bowl.

Goodell acknowledged that not having the Super Bowl players in the Pro Bowl is a "negative," but overall, he likes the new date for the league's all-star game

ThePollinator

Nov 29, 2009
Ames
I've yet to know someone personally who likes the idea of it being played before the Superbowl. I can't believe they might do it again.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Apparently they had 70,000 people there, which is the most since the 1959 Pro Bowl in LA.

I'm sure the players would rather it be in Hawaii. But I think it needs to be after the Super Bowl so the Super Bowl players can play in it but keep it on the mainland.

Just my $.02

CyBelieve

Aug 5, 2006
Ankeny
IF it's a week before or a week afterwards so few players want to play in the game. More importantly no one wants to watch it. Most Super Bowl Players don't want to be there either.

Mix it up some how. Maybe make it like one of the NBA all star games between All-Star Rookies vs All-Star Soph's. Maybe those first and second year players would think it's a bigger deal. Just my $.01

im4iast8

Mar 25, 2008
Ames
did anybody watch it anyway last night? i saw the kick coverage by the NFC when Josh Cribbs was returning a kick and decided it looked like they were trying about as hard as you do in July OTA's... that was enough for me to switch it to Desperate Housewives!

Who cares where and when you play it... Its apparent that noone wants to play in it... When David Gararrd is a pro bowler, you no your getting down to the bare pickings....