NSCR: Daytona 500

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Anyone else out there lost interest since Johnson started dominating? I used to get pretty pumped up this time of year but now I'm just kinda blah about the whole thing.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'm pumped for the 500. With the new car, the 1-2 mile track races have become so predictable and boring...but I love the plate races. Hard to believe another season is only 2 weeks away...

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Should be better this year since they are getting rid of the wing and allowing bump drafting at the super speedways.

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
I don't know about you guys, but I think that the 3 week offseason that nascar has is entirely TOO LONG....:jimlad:

Jack34

It's Fun to have Fun.
Jan 16, 2007
I'm looking forward to Daytona and the season in general, I think w/ the rule changes it's going to make for an interesting season. I'd like to see JJ get knocked off this year, guessing Stewart may have the best shot? (Well, outside Hendrick)

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
The day of the Daytona 500 is one of the days I look forward to most all year, since it signals the beginning of race season. This is important, because the opening day of race season is also the opening day of Sunday afternoon nap season for me. Nothing, not even golf, puts me to sleep quite so well.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Well, I'm looking forward to it for the first time ever as we are going. Not a NASCAR guy, but I'm not against the sport either. We're taking my mom as it's something she's always wanted to do. Should be a fun family vacation.

Got decent seats, keep hearing we need to dress warm and in layers - as it gets very cold once they start racing. Gonna be a pain traveling overalls.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Also tired of hearing about his(JJ) "4 in a row". I think Petty and Earnhardt Sr. could've done just as good if they only had to be great for 10 races!!

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Well, I'm looking forward to it for the first time ever as we are going. Not a NASCAR guy, but I'm not against the sport either. We're taking my mom as it's something she's always wanted to do. Should be a fun family vacation.

Got decent seats, keep hearing we need to dress warm and in layers - as it gets very cold once they start racing. Gonna be a pain traveling overalls.

It's an awesome experience IMO. I haven't been to a track that large but just going to a race in general is amazing. It may not make you a fan, but I think you'll enjoy the experience.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
It's an awesome experience IMO. I haven't been to a track that large but just going to a race in general is amazing. It may not make you a fan, but I think you'll enjoy the experience.

Went to Newton for Nationwide race last year and to Talladega the year before and it is way more fun in person!!

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Do you guys/gals have a driver you follow? Denny Hamlin here. Hoping he has a little better luck this year.....too many DNF's last year.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Still a Junior fan...dont know why.

Ha me too..... But I have started to root for Smoke alot anymore since at least he has a shot to win races.

And I think I would like to see Bristol over Daytona but its close

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Still a Junior fan...dont know why.

Totally unfounded and probably untrue rumor I heard: Tony was drunk one night and telling people that NASCAR paid other drivers to let Junior win in the year or 2 after his dad died. They needed him to become the face of their sport and he had to win races to do that.

Normally, I wouldn't believe it but its not often that drivers stop winning races. And now he has the best equipment in the business and is still bad.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Totally unfounded and probably untrue rumor I heard: Tony was drunk one night and telling people that NASCAR paid other drivers to let Junior win in the year or 2 after his dad died. They needed him to become the face of their sport and he had to win races to do that.

Normally, I wouldn't believe it but its not often that drivers stop winning races. And now he has the best equipment in the business and is still bad.

God I dunno, its quite a stretch but defintly not out of the realm of possiblity. But as you said he has the best equipment with nothing to show for it.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
That would not suprise me actually. If you want to watch good side by side racing at high speeds Michigan is a blast. I stayed in Coldwater for like five days. When the bars close in Michigan everybody drives across to Indiana to drink for another hour. Good Times!!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron