if you were promised

AntiSnob

Mar 1, 2009
by Satan that one coach (of your choice) would never have a winning season again no matter where he coached, who would it be? While you can pick a HS, College, or Pro coach I would prefer you pick a college coach. I just want to see what everyone's opinions are.

I would probably say Jim Tressel. First off, if his teams turned to sh!t, Iowa would scoop up a lot of recruits and go to BCS games every year. Second, he is just as unethical as Saban, Kiffin or any of those guys but at least Saban and those guys are honest. They don't parade as being some choir boy with a holier than thou attitude.

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
by Satan that one coach (of your choice) would never have a winning season again no matter where he coached, who would it be? While you can pick a HS, College, or Pro coach I would prefer you pick a college coach. I just want to see what everyone's opinions are.

I would probably say Jim Tressel. First off, if his teams turned to sh!t, Iowa would scoop up a lot of recruits and go to BCS games every year. Second, he is just as unethical as Saban, Kiffin or any of those guys but at least Saban and those guys are honest. They don't parade as being some choir boy with a holier than thou attitude.

1st off, that is a very, very strong statement that is opinion and can't be backed up.

Lastly what does this mean......................they're unethical but honest????

Chad

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Id say Calipari might be good for the list, but his wins will be removed by the NCAA eventually anyways.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
John Calipari. The guy is a chronic cheater and keeps getting rewarded for it by getting better jobs and more money.

AntiSnob

Mar 1, 2009
posting on the football forum I was expecting a football coach but I guess BB is fine too. Actually, let me change you the question. If Satan promised you one basketball coach AND one football coach, who would it be?

for me
Football Jim Tressel
Basketball John Calipari

Aaron Jacobs

Sep 24, 2007
Robins, IA
Tressel seems way classier than SEC coaches. And I'm pretty sure Michigan would pick up a lot of tOSU's recruits before Iowa.

AntiSnob

Mar 1, 2009
Tressel seems way classier than SEC coaches. And I'm pretty sure Michigan would pick up a lot of tOSU's recruits before Iowa.

yes but I wouldn't be surprised if he's offered his potential recruits money, hookers, cars etc. which is what plenty of SEC schools (or schools in any conference for that matter) probably do. But at least guys like Saban or Kiffin don't hide the fact of their borderline unorthodox practices. Tressel would rather write a book (which I have read) about why he thinks he's the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron